We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Are there instructions for building a shadow box anywhere in Tarbel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
A friend of mine told me that there were instructions for building a shadow box in the Tarbel books. I have the CD version of the Tarbel course, and I have looked but could not find the instructions anywhere in there. Does anyone know if and where there are instructions for building a shadow box in either the Tarbel books or CD, or is my friend losing his noodle?
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
There are diagrams on the most basic of all shadow boxes and I believe its in book four. Its the book with all the oriental magic in it. Its in the very back part of the book. If it's not in four you may try 3 or 5

Robert
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I'll have to look it up when I get home. I am pretty sure it is in there, but I don't know the volume off the top of my head.

It may not be on the CD version. The CD version is the original through the mail course. The printed books have been editied and expanded.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check out Tarbell's Volume 4, page 413. David Bamberg's "The Girl from the Light"

The Shadow Box is an easy to build illusion, based on this earlier illusion by Tarbell.

See also Paul Osborne's Illusion Systems Book 3 pg. 65-67 on his Vertical Shadow Box (Based on Ran Woodbury's Illusion)

There are a lot of other variations of this design floating around.
Dennis Michael
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Hi biff.You may want to look at Andrew Mayne's Specter Cabinet.It's a Shadow Box type illusion.It cannot be performed surrounded.In addition,you need to have the proper lighting on stage.However,it can be made in an afternoon,at very little expense,and can pack flat.All in all,a pretty good effect,for the money.As with all illusions,it does require rehearsals,to extract maximum effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Are there instructions for building a shadow box anywhere in Tarbel? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL