We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for Devant Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I am looking for information related to Devant's routine "The Spirits Are Here." Does anyone here know if a description of this routine has been published somewhere? (I don't care about method.

Also, does anyone know how I can get a hold of John Salisse?

Thanks,

Richard
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I will check in my Masklyne book tomorrow.

As I understand it John Salisse is not in the best of health. I would try to go through the Magic Circle to reach him.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Richard,

Thanks for the info about Mr. Salisse. I won't bother him. I was able to do a little research last night in my library and found a bit more information about the routine. Supposedly, it was a good routine, but the ending was dramatically weak. Evidently, Maskelyne did a book test type effect to finish the routine and it slowed the dramatic pace too much.

From what I understand, Kellar took the routine and presented it as the "Cassadaga Propergander." This is how it is best known today. It was a seance cabinet where tamborines and bells rang, a handkerchief knotted itself and words appeared on a slate. Kellar's routine is published in Hopkin's Magic and Fischer's Illustrated Magic. Alan Wakeling did some work with the effect and has two versions that work by different and more practical methods.

Thanks,
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for Devant Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL