The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Learning Resource? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Quote:
On 2004-12-16 19:58, Steinbock wrote:
Iceman,

Yes, as far as sleights and moves go, Earplugs translates perfectly to regular spongeballs. Where it differs is in Sankey's patter, which involves pulling earplugs out of ears, etc.

There are certain things that are easier with earplugs than with balls. The earplugs sit flat in the palm without rolling around. Also, the Pop-up move works so easily and naturally with earplugs that it'll take some practice to get the same effect from balls.

Bottom line, Sankey's Earplugs covers all (or most?) of the traditional moves of spongeball magic, but with a unique plotline, and with Jay's bizarre sense of humor.

Sounds worth getting. I enjoy Sankey's teaching.
caseman
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
56 Posts

Profile of caseman
Iceman. Frank Garcia's book is in my opinion the best treatise on the subject of spongeball magic. It has a multiplicity of sleights including vanishes, aquitments and such. If you can swing it,it would serve you well. I published a very commercial routine in an issue of MUM earlier this year in Cody Fisher's Column I believe it was the June issue(It has Mark DeSouza on the cover. If you have an interest in this PM me and I will get you a copy of the routine. It is called 3 Ball in the side pocket.
"Don't forget the ACES"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It's about to go on ebay.
I'll probably put it up there tomorrow.

The book is basically in mint condition.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Learning Resource? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL