The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taneous
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of taneous
I've been using a guinae pig as a final production in my kid's show. Recently I've had a lot of shows in the middle of my work day - so that means I need to leave everything in my car for half the day before the show.
Not wanting to be cruel to my guinae pig - I've left him out the show. He hasn't complained too much.
I would still like to produce an animal, though, and I was thinking of buying a spring rabbit from Hank Lee's.
I can think of a number of advantages of doing this, but do you think it is a bit of a let down for the kids when they see a fake animal.
I've been producing a toy snake in a baking routine (I get them to say "patter cake" as the magic words - I tell them not to say "patter snake" - well guess what they say..)
It seems to work well.

Any of you use a spring rabbit instead of a real one??
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Rocky, perhaps. Then you get a least five minutes of comedy with Rocky raccoon, ands you can make him look real.
Matt
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
I use "Stinky", my spring skunk in conjunction with my real rabbit in some shows. Although it has been awhile, I have used "Rocky The Racoon" in a couple of different routines when I did not use a rabbit. I think it goes over fine with the right presentation. If you want to use a rabbit, you might want to also consider the Rabbit-In-The-Hat Puppet. Kid's enjoy that also.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I have Abbott's Life-Like Rabbit and the kids just love him. He looks soooooo real and he also has a spring to make him life-like. I will only reccomend Abbott's due to the fact that this is the best looking rabbit I have ever seen on the market. I believe this retails for around $75.00. Abbott's is located in Colon, Michigan. Hope this helps...
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Gav. I be to differ. Your guinae pig told me he is quitting your show and taking it solo and on the road. Remember when you brought him to the CMC meeting? that's when he told me.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring Rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL