The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Have you heard of this effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KevinHall
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of KevinHall
I'm looking to find an effect I have recently seen performed. The spectator takes a (random) stack of cards from a giant deck. He fans them out and the performer then calls out each card and the spectator is asked to hand over each card named. This is done for all the cards of course with no mistakes.
Does anyone know? Smile
AngelMerlin
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
59 Posts

Profile of AngelMerlin
You nearly said it, with a STACKED deck ( I supose )
Smile
liormanor
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
114 Posts

Profile of liormanor
red or blue back?
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Without knowing more details of the routine, it sounds like a rather weak presentation using a common gimmicked (Jumbo) deck. See the "Jumbo Kozar Deck" from Camirand Academy of Magic for one such product.

Otherwise, you could produce your own using ideas from the book "Marked For Life" from Kirk Charles.

Richard Osterlind has a fantastic variation using an ungimmicked deck (per se) within his blindfold act published in Dynamic Mysteries.
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
To KevinHall: Sounds like an effect in Larry Becker's Book Two - World of Super Mentalism, page 1, titled Psi - Stebbins, published July 1979.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Although a great deal must have been left out of KevinHall's description, it very well could be Psi-Stebbins. A fine effect.
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
According to legend (or the book about him), Chan Canasta used to let people get stacks of cards froma deck just to later name which cards each person held. He did miss several in the whole process aparently and only guesses have been made as to how he accomplished this feat.

It required a stacked deck of course and a good mind for estimation, memorization and perhaps a bit of luck.

-Alain Bellon
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4950 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Allan Ackermanns card effect "Impromptu Paul Fox" has a similar effect but with four spectators that have a group of cards in their hands. The performer calls out all the cards. This routine its extremely amazing but very hard to do! You can find this routine in the video; The Allan Ackerman Video, Vol 1.
This is a monster killer routine Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3011 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
A similar, perfectly effective, but embarassingly easy version of this effect is in Banachek's Pre-Thoughts manuscript.

For simple but devastating handlings of the multiple-participants-holding-cards variation, I'd direct you to Barrie Richardson's version in Theatre of the Mind, or Princess Plus One in Koran's Professional Presentations.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Have you heard of this effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL