The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A shocking revelation??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hello All,
On Criss Angel's last TV special he did a thought tranfer effect that before he revealed the "hidden thought" from the spectator, he apparently received this transmission from her directly which left the spectator getting lightly shocked as they touched fingertips. I've heard a device of this sort was marketed but have had no luck finding one so I'm reaching out to the community to see what the pool of knowledge contains. Any takers? Please feel free to PM or respond here.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
oxygen
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
186 Posts

Profile of oxygen
Seems like an effect from Sean Field's book "Explicit Contents" called the "Telsa Experiment", but I'm not sure.
Have a look in the search engine as, If I'm not wrong, there was a thread about this not so long ago.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I am not sure what Criss Angel used but I can say that I to have read Explicit Content and tried Telsa Experiment and the response is very funny. As soon as I held me finger out and they received the b*** they were convinced I shocked them. If you are familure wth Ammars topit video there is an excellent clean up using a topit..

M.S.
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Perhaps worth mentioning that Luke Jermay has some ideas where the spectator reacts to a thought being taken from their head... his are of course impromptu.

Burst Bubble Suggestion is in Building Blocks, I believe, and on Skullduggery.

Liam.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Yes, the earlier thread was my commenting SF on his book after I reread it which has now lead to this query. I've been in exchange with Sean and he suggested checking with the forum about another gimmick rather than the one he uses in the Tesla Experiment. I am also familiar with Luke Jermay's Burst Bubble Suggestion, but what I'm looking for is an electronic gimmick that delivers a real, albeit low voltage shock....this shock can be delivered to the spec when they touch you but it doesn't shock you. Kind of like the feeling of static electricity when you touch a doorknob on a cool dry day; not the kind you get when needing to have your heart's electrical circuit restarted. Sean thought he saw something on sale at http://www.magicfact.com at one time, but I've had no luck in my search. Somebody has to know something. Thanks everybody!
Brian-
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
I believe the performer has to endure a shock in order to achieve this effect. Find away to shock yourself and touch someone... it should also help if they are holding a metal clip board.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2004-10-28 22:16, Robertson wrote:
it should also help if they are holding a metal clip board.

Haha! Also if they are standing in a puddle of water.

For best effect wire it up to the mains, an effect they will never forget!!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
This shock can be delivered whilst the performer is not shocked.

Thanks for your responses as I've been turned onto somethng and I feel it's the right thing for me. Again, thank you.
Brian-
mentalism101
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
105 Posts

Profile of mentalism101
Brian,

Please put the rest of us out of our misery and point us in the right direction. We would love to develop this idea too!

Scott
lawrencetreagus
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of lawrencetreagus
I left an earlier post about giving someone a static shock with out a gimmic. try looking it up if you cant find it I willl post it again.

regards
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
There's a magician on Ebay who is selling plans for a pocket-shocker like you are looking for...sorry I can't get more specific, have forgotten his name,name of item, link, etc. spend a bit of timne searching and you'll find it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A shocking revelation??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL