The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A gimmick that delivers a shock? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hey gang,
I am having a difficult time finding a gimmick that will allow the mentalists to deliver a small shock to a spec when they touch fingertips. I saw something like this on the last Criss Angel TV special. Heard from others there was something on the market before but I've had no luck in my search. Any leads or suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Brian,

We are the same people in this section as in the other one. hehe

On a similar subject in Luke Jermay's new book he has a low tech alternative for a spectator reaction that looks like they have just received a mind contact.

Regards,

Richard
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Find a flicker. It is an electronic device that creates a low level electric charge for testing neon bulbs. You can trim the housing down small and replace the solid antenna with a wire to a thumbtip. When you touch someone while it's on it will give a mild but startling shock. Rub flash paper between your fingertips and it will ignite or just touch an unplugged neon light and watch it light up. Fun thing, just takes a bit of experimentation and work (like anything worth having).
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
That flicker idea and the neon bulbs is pretty good. But as to shocking a spectator, they might sue you so be careful.
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Hi, try http://www.amazing1.com in jokes, pranks, etc. Good luck!
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Jeez that's a good link.
Thank you bluefred.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thank you all for your responses and tips. I believe I've found what I'm looking for!

Best,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5174 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Topic is already being discussed HERE
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A gimmick that delivers a shock? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL