The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Could you help match up these initials with Celebrities. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, Anyone help with famous folk that fit these initials... I am a Scot so.. UK celebrities or International stars would suit.

OD
OE
CG
CN
EO
EG
SN
OG
GA
GC
GN
HD
NO
NC
NH

Thanks and regards

Alan
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The best I can do is offer suggestions, because I'm not sure who you'd know, and who you wouldn't.

OD=Olivia D'Abo, Olivia de Havilland, Oscar de la Hoya, Oscar del la Renta, Olympia Dukakis
OE=Since this is 05, how about Peter Brook? (05 is his racing car)
CG=Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Crystal Gayle, Cripin Glover, Charles Grodin
CN=CNN reporter? Conrad Nagel, Fred "Curly" Neal (Harlem Globetrotters), Chuck Norris
EO=Michael Jackson (Captain EO), Ed O'Neil (Al in "Married With Children"),
EG=Humpty Dumpty (EGG), Eva Gabor, Estelle Getty (Sophia on "Golden Girls"), Elian Gonzalez (All over CNN, deported to Cuba at gunpoint), Edward Gorey (cartoonist, ever see the opening to "Mystery!"?), Eydie Gorme, Elliot Gould, Elizabeth Gracen, Erin Gray
SN=Shinko Nagisa, Sam Neill (Jurassic Park), St. Nicholas, Stevie Nicks
OG=This is 07, making James Bond the obvious choice
GA=Ginger Lynn Allen, Gracie Allen,
GC=George Clooney, Glenn Close,
GN=Greg Norman (golfer)
NC=Naomi Cambell, Neville Chamberlain, Nadia Comaneci,
NH=Nigel Hawthorne ("Yes, Minister")

Sorry, I don't have anything right now for "HD" and "NO".

I hope this helps, though!
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
You have too much time on your hands Scott:)

HD = Hugh Downs (ABC TV celeb.) Not sure he's international though.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Thanks Guys, I only have 3 left and am in a frenzy trying to solve them.

HA
HD
OE

Stage or film of TV charachters are just as good, models, prominant business people, politicians etc.

Regards and thanks

Alan
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4369 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
HA = Harry Anderson
HD = Harry Davenport
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
HA = Hank Aaron... The baseball leading home run hitter of all time

HD = Humpty Dumpty...(before some one suggested EG for Humpty Dumpty as in EGG)
dorbolo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dorbolo
Pianoman,

Looks like your Dominic Method process is well underway. Here are a few off the top....

HA = Hans (Christian) Anderson [writer]
HA = Hans Arp [dada artist]
HD = Howard the Duck [cartoon character]
OE = Ostad Elahi [Iranian Philosopher]
OE = Oliver Evans [invented the steam mill]

Try going to http://www.astrodatabank.com/Nms_a.htm for a very good list of famous people.

Jon
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, The link Dorbolo kindly provided is excellant for anyone looking for "celebs", its very well laid out and if one uses the clever Scott Cram search method, its vey guick indeed.
"Irony can sometimes be very ironic" and its ironic I clicked onto this wonderfull link when I had only two names left to find.

Still I am almost done now and only need HA, it may end up being Herb Albert although I am not so familiar with him or his music.

Humpty Dumpty was a "cracking" HD, I have had Dominics book for about 5 days now and feel that childhood storybook charachters are exeallant as they are so ingrained in the deep memory that when we retrieve them , we automatically access the deepest parts of our memory which is very good exercise indeed.
I intend to write up a longish post on the differance its made to me in a very short time.
I have much more vivid dreams due to all the imigary done during the day.. is one example.

I have also started giggelling for no apparent reason and my wife looks at me with her usual "What is he doin NOW" look... and I explain to her that I have just visualized Olive Oyl making spinache for Popeye and she just shakes her head in disbelief.

Regards Alan
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
I am now finnished the list, no doubt I might need to change a few but I feel glad the first big step is over.

The HB is indeed Herb Albert and after some research I have more connections to him than I thought.
First his band called Tejehuana(SP?) meaans something to me as I have visited that mexican border town before.

His big hit called a "Taste of Honey" was always on the radio in my house when i was brought up in the 60s, and I new the tune right away without realsing who the artist was.
My father loved music and always had the radio on... so my head is full of music from all era,s.
So it just goes to show me and Herb Albert go back a long way.... even though I didnt realise it.

Regards Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Could you help match up these initials with Celebrities. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL