The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Grand illusion Hot Russian chick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Has anyone see this hot Russian chick, do a floating ball routine where she stands on the ball and flys around with it? I don't know her name, but she has way too much hair. I would like to get a video of her stuff. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, info would help.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Her name is Galina.
She did her floating ball routine on one of the worlds greatest magic tv shows.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
She also does a three ring routine where she literally slithers through one of the rings. I am not certain if it was done on the same WGM show or if she was booked twice. It is definitely a great style but I have not seen her perform in the USA other than that TV apperance and as far as I know there are no tapes or DVD's of her performing for sale.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
It was a different show Frank. I'm not even sure her ring routine was on WGM or something else. She made an impression on me.

Regan
Mister Mystery
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Galina was with a Canadian production that was in the Cirque du Soliel style a few years ago. She did the Floating ball in that show and played a couple of other parts as well. I was able to have dinner with her and her husband and learned she was trained in circus arts in Eastern Europe. The last time I saw her was at the Wintergarten in Berlin and she was doing a comedy MC act with her husband. I'd imagine they are still doing cabaret work in Europe.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I'm not sure about it being Galina, at least not if I understand the effect described above. To my recolection galina does n not stand on the ball and floats with it. At least she didn't the last time I saw her (ok it was a cuple of years ago). But her floating ball is very nice, I'm not to kean on her linking ring rutine thogh to much contortion in the way for the magic.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
It was definitly Galina. She may have dropped the floating away on the ball effect, but she did it in the Canadian show and on TV.

She told me a funny story about how when the local safety person was checking the rigging for that part of the effect, he told her, "This is very similar to the rig Copperfield uses." He than went into extreme detail about Copperfield's flying rig. She thought it was pretty funny how easily he gave up the secret.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Ok that might explain why it's not in the act anymore, and why it's not in any of the recordings of her act from the different TV shows I have.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
I saw her do the three ring routine over here in the UK on the paul daniels show.
The other act is ok but I think lay people sussed it as she kept going so far back on the stage (right up against the back tabs) to hook up for the lifts. Also there is force ten gale blowing the tabs so as no one sees the curtain shaking. As a performance its very good but as a piece of magic the method is obvious
The best bit was when the silk streamer retracted into her torso.

Very good performer!!!! for my money the ring routine was better and could be done in far more situations just shows how the performer is more important than the trick.

Paul
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I love the silk streamer bit also Paul.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
229 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Hey Frank ,
there are DVDs out there with her performances .

She appeares on the 9 DVD set : The Great Magic Of Las Vegas .
She does her floating ball and linking ring routines .
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Got any idea, on where I can get this DVD set? Loked on Ebay & Magic auction.
Galinda was excellent!
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Grand illusion Hot Russian chick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL