The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final load - any tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
I've hade my Cups and balls routine a long time, but I have never been able to find any good final loads. So now, I want tips, of nice, beautiful and totally crasy things as final productions. All tips are welcome!!!
Mundus Vult Decipi - Ergo Decipiatur

www.freewebs.com/linoren
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Lemons
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Your socks and your shoes...
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 04:35, Werner G. Seitz wrote:

I have size 45

www.freewebs.com/linoren
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Your spell chequer.

The largest balls your cups will hold, balls larger than your cups will hold. Fruit, Vegetables, sand, salt, water, shot glasses full of liquid, produce your imagination!!
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Shot glasses full of water eh? Not a bad idea.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 08:37, John Linoren wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 04:35, Werner G. Seitz wrote:

I have size 45
Doesn't matter..there a larger cups available Smile

What I meant wasn't to insert the complete shoe...rather to load it from behind into the cup whilst the bottom of the cup is facing the specs and the other hand picks up a ball on the table placing it in a pocket.

NOW, lift your hand up high so it is vertical, bottom of cup facing the table, and pull out the shoe.. Smile
It can be done, if one dares Smile

Pulling out the shoe (your right one) with your left hand and banging it on the table, you load your left shoe into the same cup.. Smile

How?

Easy, just before, you have loosend your left shoe, that your heel is outside..now, whilst producing your first shoe and banging it on the table, you stand on your right foot only, whilst your left foot is lifted up BEHIND your right foot and your right hand swings a bit back with the cup and the shoe is inserted by your left foot into the cup hold in the right hand..

Well, you asked for impossible and spectacular loads, didn't you ? Smile
Beat the above.. Smile, actually it can be done..

Loading the first shoe, the right one at the start, is rather the same..loosen it, meaning your heel is outside, you stand on your left foot, your right bows up and you catch the shoe with the cup from your foot, from below, whilst you beforehand have directed their attention to the very first production under the first cup, an extra of your socks..simply don't wear a sock on one foot, so later everything fits..

Kidding???
Maybe..... Smile Smile Smile

Only your imagination limits the possibilities...
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
A small figurine that looks like you and is wearing your performance costume. You've produced yourself from your cups!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 09:44, BSutter wrote:
Your spell chequer.

Or your spell checker.

Quote:
On 2004-10-29 04:02, John Linoren wrote:
I've hade my Cups and balls routine a long time, but I have never been able to find any good final loads. So now, I want tips, of nice, beautiful and totally crasy things as final productions. All tips are welcome!!!

Take one of your cups to a flea market with you and look for things that will fit inside them. Do the same thing at toy stores, antique shops, tourist shops, etc.

The real secret of the final loads is not what they are, but what you make of them.

If you produce an alligator from your cups as a final load, and you don't make your audience believe it is really magical, your routine will be a flop. If you produce three large balls from your cups at the end of the routine and SELL it, they will think you are utterly amazing.

Here's an idea that just struck me as being a possibility. Swedish meatballs are famous the world over. Get yourself some big pieces of polyfoam, cut them to resemble giant Swedish meatballs. Then paint them with latex base paint to look just like giant Swedish meatballs.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I believe you can buy the Bill Palmer final load....it is a minature version of Bill...but only for a limited time.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The trouble with the Bill Palmer final load is that the ego gets stuck in the bottom of the cup.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
For whatever it is worth, I use “standard” size cups for the final load. I use the small “working” baseballs that Stevens sells (Mike Rogers) and the final load larger baseballs they sell as finasl loads.

However, I always stop at my local produce store (with one of my cups in my pocket) to pick out some fruit that just barely fits as final loads. I use 4 final loads and if I decide on the fruit, I select all different kinds.

Audiences are always more impressed if a variety of things come out as final loads. My decision to use the baseball theme in the routine versus the fruit, is based on nothing I can explain. If however, I am working with kids, and I see baseball shirts or other baseball things in evidence, I go the baseball route.

Bob
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 14:30, Bill Palmer wrote:
The trouble with the Bill Palmer final load is that the ego gets stuck in the bottom of the cup.

I believe the Gazzo animal cups are big enough to avoid this problem.
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
I have an idea on a story of a world wide trip, with a final load with the Eiffel tower (dont now if that is how it is spelled...), a small pyramid and a miniature of an English phonebooth. Ive had one earlier to, with a produce with cups inside cups inside cups, and inside the last cup (acctually a thimble) I the balls.

Quote:
On 2004-10-29 13:44, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-29 04:02, John Linoren wrote:

Take one of your cups to a flea market with you and look for things that will fit inside them. Do the same thing at toy stores, antique shops, tourist shops, etc.

The real secret of the final loads is not what they are, but what you make of them.

If you produce an alligator from your cups as a final load, and you don't make your audience believe it is really magical, your routine will be a flop. If you produce three large balls from your cups at the end of the routine and SELL it, they will think you are utterly amazing.

Here's an idea that just struck me as being a possibility. Swedish meatballs are famous the world over. Get yourself some big pieces of polyfoam, cut them to resemble giant Swedish meatballs. Then paint them with latex base paint to look just like giant Swedish meatballs.

Thanks Bill! Maybe regular size meatballs to the big ones... and then a small ketchup bottle is produced... god, now you have put my brain rolling.

www.freewebs.com/linoren
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I believe that producing one load more than you have cups is the best way to go. 3 from 2 cups, or 4 from 3. When you reveal the first final load, that is enough misdirection to load an elephant in there. I use fruit for the first three, and delay the fourth as long as I can, then load the fourth, which is a ball that matches the small ones. A Mike Rogers baseball, or a real one if I'm using my Riser jumbos, or a crochet covered tennis ball that is the same color.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
I've seen the Bill Palmer Final Load. It never gets stuck in my cups... in fact it will fit in over 300 different size Cups!! hehe.

Bill's right here. The final load is what the specs will remember and the final load must fit into the routine somehow (as well as into the cup). Sometimes all it takes is a funny tag line. And it fits. Here's mine..

I do a 4 step final load process. I do a two cup routine. After I've loaded the first two final loads... I say "People see me doing this and say I'm a little nuts".... I lift both cups and show two 1/2" nuts and say "No these are little nuts!" As I'm showing these nuts I load my last two final loads. I comment "Yes these are my nuts but they are not actual size! These are actual size!" I lift up both cups and two huge Nuts are under the cups.

The idea is that your final load be different and seemingly impossible yet fits in with your routine, style and/or humor.

Eric Falconer
Houston TX
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
One other thing -- there is NO right and NO wrong final load. It all depends on how YOU sell it to the audience.

For example, I don't like the concept of using another set of cups for a final load, so I would never be able to sell it convincingly. But Rick does like it and it works for him. So, it's wrong for me and right for him.

So, it's a "whatever floats your audiences' boat" kind of thing.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22658 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Try going to a pastry/bake shop. They have very unique items that they decorate cakes with that may fit well for a final load. A baseball player for example.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This won't help much in Sweden, but it works well in the US. Michael's and Hobby Lobby have the decorations that bakers use on their cakes.

Toy stores are also a great place to purchase loads.

I have a set of calipers that I carry with me for such things. I know from trial and error what will fit inside of various cup sets.

One further thought on final loads.

Always do them last.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2701 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Besides doing them last, another question. For the routine I use small solid red balls. Shouldn't the final load balls be red also? I use Lacross balls and somehow it doesn't make sense to have them produced as a different color.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final load - any tips? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL