The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final load - any tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Tom G:
Does not need to make sense, unles you say “look how I change the size of these little red balls.”

One could argue that the more outrageous the final load, the better.

Bob
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
You that don't use a final load, what do you end your cups and balls routine with?

Tom G,

you don't need to make anything bigger! You can produce a quantity of small red balls, and like Wellington said above, uoy are not chained to any effects in the cups and balls. Anything that fits in the cups would be good as a final production.

"You are only limited to that your mind can imagine." Meaning; there are no limits!
Mundus Vult Decipi - Ergo Decipiatur

www.freewebs.com/linoren
junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
I've been using potatoes.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Probably overlooked in most of the posts is... "Is it easy to load?" "Will it fit your pockets and come out clean and smoothly?"

Will the color show between your fingers if you have windows?

Lemons, limes, potatos, etc. for close up are fine. Oranges, baseballs, etc. for bigger cups... but you can't fit 'em in your pockets to well, hence the Poacher's Pouch.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
I don't like potatatos because they are not too colourful, but on the other hand I think you're more likely to get a laugh with them as well as astonishment so it will suit some acts.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
When you reveal the final loads, do you act like you were expecting them, or do you act just as surprised as the audience when you see it?

What receives the greater response for you guys?
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Everything that has been said works well. Personally, I use limes, because they are the right size for my cups, and stand out very well (my cups are brass, so lemons wouldn't stand out as much do to color). I use a three cup routine and a little thing I noticed, is if when you lift the cups (only if there is only one final load under that cup), is I lift them slower and shake them a little as I tilt the cups to the back corners. This gesture, to me at least, makes the final load look bigger and more impossible.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
I am currently using spongeballs, but I am in the process of making some rubberband balls to load instead. I've also seen it done with baseballs.
**--snap--**
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Those baseballs are generally a bit smaller than regulation baseballs. The problem I see with sponge balls, is that if you are not going to do a spogne ball routine afterwords, or even if you do, they are soft and compactable, and lay people might think they figured you out.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final load - any tips? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL