The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
What are the best string & ring routines?

I would like to learn one.

Smile
John Zander
View Profile
Loyal user
Downey, CA
247 Posts

Profile of John Zander
Hi Ich,

You can't go wrong with Greg Wilson's "Ring Leader" video. There are so many great ring and string moves on there, you could never use them all. Plus the routine is very strong. It also comes with a nice velvet cord, which is a much nicer string to use, especially if you are going to use someone's personal ring. Smile
Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning

Comedy Magic of

John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://www.AllMagic.net
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Thank you Mr Z! Smile

Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I give my highest recommendation to the Ray Grismer ring and rope video from Jeff Busby Magic. Much of the material on the Wilson video was "borrowed" from Ray’s original moves and routines.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mark V
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mark V
Robert Miller's Relentless Ring and String video contains some nice moves/routines. Between that and the Greg Wilson tape, you'll know enough to make up your own multi-phase routine.This is good because then you can make it last as long or as short as necessary (a plus when working close up gigs).

Mark V
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
Max Howard had a beautiful story "Madam Suzatska" that you will have to see in his lecture, as it didn't make it to his tape (effective presentations) but was touching funny, and a tribute to his talent.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
BTW--I have two ring & string routines (one with your ring, one with a spec's), as well as a routine with two keychain rings and a string and a routine with a large harness ring and a rope, all in my book, "Great Scott! It's More Magic!" I only have a few copies left, and don't plan to reprint, so if you're interested, now's the time!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
donaldlaporte
View Profile
New user
new hampshire
46 Posts

Profile of donaldlaporte
I use a routine called ’Sonata For Ring and String’ by Dan Fleshman. It has some really good displays and really good penetrations.

This is a really great routine, check it out. I got mine from Jim Sisti while he was lecturing, plus I got my book signed. Went to eat twice, before and after the lecture. What a very cool guy Mr. Sisti is. I never told you Andrew, but thanks for letting me tag along that night.

don Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Greg Wilson's "Ring Leader"
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL