The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Does anybody know these people? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amanda Hyatt
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
1 Post

Profile of Amanda Hyatt
Sorry - I'm hoping this will be jumped to the correct thread if I've got it wrong. I was wondering if anyone had heard of these people - Ken Bardowicks, Tom Voss, Jonas Zeller, Ben Profane?
There's not much magic around Luxembourg - just noticed all these people are here this weekend - wondering if it was worth the 'expensive' tickets to the theatre ... any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.
Amanda
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Well, I'v heard some good things about Ken Bardowicks, he's a young Stand-up magician with a real up-tempo stage show.
Ben Profane is a well known close-up magician, so you should take a look, it will probably be woth it.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Amanda Hyatt
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
1 Post

Profile of Amanda Hyatt
Hello Eirik,
Thank you so much for your reply. I went along anyway as there's not much opportunity in Luxembourg to see 'live' magic so I couldn't resist.

Unfortunately, Ben Profane was hosting and didn't really do anything, which was a shame.
Ken Bardowicks' performance was certainly up-tempo but it could have been slicker - for me (a novice) most stage magic is all about performance and delivery - I couldn't care less if I've seen the same thing 25 times - good delivery will make it special every time. I haven't seen any magic for a long, long time (by choice) so it was interesting to be back watching again, but I'm a lot 'fussier' now!
I'll have to catch up with Mr Profane again ....
I appreciate your time,
Amanda
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
That's to bad that Mr. Profane did'nt perform, I would have been a treat to watch. Still I hope you had a good time and that the experience triggered your interest in magic again.
BTW I'm going to see Copperfield in Budapest on the 3.of Dec. Looking forward to it:)

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Amanda,

I happened to be the director of the show and I must say that I do not fully agree with you on some points.

Ben's job was to host indeed and I think that he did a great job. He did not do much magic indeed but I hope you will agree with me that what he did was quite strong. Just for the record, he is a member of the German team "Die Fertigen Finger" and he is a very talented magician in his own right. It is just not what he was booked for on Saturday.

As regards Ken Bardowicks' performance, I think it was brilliant. Since you have been there, you may remember the reactions he got from the audience. He has a very successful full-evening show in Germany.

If you would like to see more (good) magic in Luxembourg, feel free to get in touch with me. You may even know who I am...

Regards,

D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Does anybody know these people? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL