The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism by Bob Cassidy (New Book) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
The following description is from Hank Lee's site:
----------------------------------------
"It has taken more than 20 years, but Bob Cassidy, a founding member of the Psychic Entertainers' Association and one of the most influential and colorful creators of modern mentalism, has finally written a worthy successor to The Art Of Mentalism.
When first published, it was immediately recognized as a classic in the field and is on the "top ten" list' of many leading mentalists. We predict that this new volume will eclipse the acclaim of the first. The first half of Artful Mentalism reprints his Art of Mentalism II (a complete professional performance thoroughly explained) and his four monographs of Principia Mentalia. As if that was not enough, the second half gives permanent form to 3 limited distribution manuscripts: Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic; Strange Impressions and But Stranger Still. If all eight titles were published separately, the total cost would have been more than $150.00 retail. Now you can have them all; 290 typeset pages in a handsome hardback volume with dust jacket." $45.00
------------------------------------

Would welcome reviews/comments from those who have read any of the titles reprinted in the book. Thanks.
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I just got the book. So far I am loving it. The 3 envelope test is great! I will try to write more later.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
This is a MUST HAVE! Really excellent material in this book ... in fact, it is one of my favorite books period. Do yourself a favor and buy it.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
I just purchased the book from Byron Walker. My intention is to cross over from a family entertainer to psychic entertainer. His description of The Web is a great premise for explaining "how it works." I have not gotten into his routiens, I am much more interested in theory at this point of the game.

Magically Thine,

Scott Alcalay
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
enigmatic
View Profile
Regular user
France
174 Posts

Profile of enigmatic
The art of mentalism 2 and Principia Mentalia are classic in the field of mentalism. The Artful Mentalism is a book of routines of course, but more important, this book is about theorie, and Bob Cassidy analyzes every routine. His theory about parapsychology (Riding the Web) looks great. You liked the Art of Mentalism 1 ? Then, you will love even more this one. If you have to buy only a book about the mentalism this month, buy that one !
Thank you Bob and thank you H&R to have republished this bible !!
Real vision is the ability to see the invisible. (Jonathan Swift).

WWW.MAISON-HANTEE.COM
WWW.CHASSEURDEFANTOMES.COM
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I was resisting buying this, now I think I'm goign to have to get it.

Thanks guys,

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
It must be a very good book, because I have all single books that are in this book, and they are great as everything from bob.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Great book but would have liked more illustrations. ie three envelope test how do you construct a shaxon flap?. I know its on the DVD pity its not in the book.
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Ian

The shaxon flap is also described in Roy Johnson's Third Dimension if you can get hold of it.

If not PM me for details and I'll sketch it out for you.

Marcus
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
I agree, this book is a must have if you are at all interested in mentalism. It is way more than just a compilation of effects.
This is my best book purchase of the last year. It will keep the cogs turning for a long while.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2005-03-06 06:44, Kennedy wrote:
I was resisting buying this, now I think I'm goign to have to get it.

You do not do anything alarming wrong if you do! Smile
I am reading it these days, and so far it is great!

Sven
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
I've got most of the books that are contained in the "Art of Mentalism". One thing that I am pleasently surprised is that some of the re-printed material in the new book has been updated/added to.

I am a fan of Bobs' his delivery and performance style is top rate; his writing style is not hard on the eyes. He gives clear instructions in his material.

One surprise for me however had to do with his card memory effect that is published in his new book is not the same as is on his performance dvd "Mental Miracles". While the effect as noted in the book does work, I prefer the effect as shown on the DVD. I've used it and was asked by several people afterwards how difficult it was to memorise that entire/half deck of cards.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Just ordered this last night, cant wait to start reading it!

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
It's from Bob.... don't think... just buy...
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
Tanner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Tanner
I'm going to buy this...especially since you don't have to wait for an e-book delivery for weeks, like some have had to do before...

T.
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
The book is fantastic...

Cheeky, thought provoking and inspiring. Oh and there are some great "tricks" in it too. ;>)

With proper routining and presentation there are some fabulous ideas in it waiting for you to evolve to suit YOU.

As the review in the Linking Ring said...this is a book to be read and re-read. I highly recommend it!

(And I'm taking it to the beach to re-read with Mr. Maven's Opus. I've already read MESSING WITH MINDS. ;>)

Cheers,

James
James Biss
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
You can't miss buying this book, from someone who knows what mentalism is all about
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
754 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Just ordered mine! Can't waite!
SpAgHeTtI
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of SpAgHeTtI
It's from Bob...don't think....just buy...and wait...and wait......and wait...........and wait.................and wait.........................................

Hehehehe.....It's a joke however Bob is a great! Smile
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
754 Posts

Profile of equivoque
A question for those performing a version of the three enevelope test? Anyone actually having the numbers written on the envelopes or do you simply change the order of them?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism by Bob Cassidy (New Book) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL