The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Pen through bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
While we're on the subject of Pen through, does anyone one perform Vanni Bossi's and what special something do you use?
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
Performing an impromtu of the pen thru bill, or pencil thru, coctail straw thu, etc... seems far more 'magical' than a gimmicked pen. Been there, done it many a time.
Magically,

Chris Rochow
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
This a very unusual ribbon thru bill penetration I bought from Japan manufacturer:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cormatches?f......SRqfB1Mc
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
This effect seems like it has been hashed to death here, so I will be brief. I use two types: 1 gimmicked and one impromptu. The gimmicked version is the Cornelius pen, and the no-gimmick/totally impromptu version is Misleading Misled. Both work great and always get very animated reactions. It just depends on the venue I am in as to which version I use.
DudleyMagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DudleyMagic
The Krenz rip gaff really sells the illusion,its perfect !!
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Can the Krenz rip gaff be used on any pen?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 04:37, DudleyMagic wrote:
The Krenz rip gaff really sells the illusion,its perfect !!

I've used the rip gaff with a first-generation Cornelius pen and did without one with an Empire pen. The reaction without the rip gaff couldn't get any stronger. The rip gaff is a case of running, when no one is chasing you.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Does anyone use Dough by Jay Sankey? If so, how is it? It looks good, but I wonder how good a really is, how well it works and how well it is received.

I tend to use Misleading Misled by Alan Rorrison and Driven by Cameron Francis, both of them completely impromptu and can be done with borrowed bills and pens/pencils.

The only other two versions I use are the Cornelius pen and the Perfect Pen-a-Tration (the cheap $5 black plastic pen).
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I don't often perform the Sharpie thru bill effect but I have to say when I do perform it
I get pretty strong, good reactions from the spectators!
Whilst it is completely obvious to magicians it is just not that obvious to laypeople.
Hence the reason that 99% of the time they will go for the bill and start to inspect that.
Whilst they are all looking at the bill I simply pop the top back onto the sharpie and put it away in my pocket.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
This effect is very different from the sharpie through card effect, Both effects use very different concepts and gimmicks, having seen both effects I can safely say that both are not similar. to the audience, both effects will be same except one uses card while the other a bill but to magicians it should be clear their very different
previously I was too mistaken but now having purchases both I know better
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
This was a gr8 buy and I recommend this to those who enjoy not only card effects but also effects that aren't entirely card based.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, hocuspocus wrote:
This was a gr8 buy and I recommend this to those who enjoy not only card effects but also effects that aren't entirely card based.

Which product are you talking about? I'm curious. I recently purchased the Stealth Pen with DVD by Oz Pearlman and I like it a lot. Relatively easy to work with and based on reactions I have been getting it is definitely pleasing my specs!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Pen through bill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL