The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Penny for your thoughts Ľ Ľ Some questions about Osterlind's ETMMM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Iím considering buying ETMMM and I have the following questions:

1) Does it come with any of the required props? Iím specifically referring to certain items that would cost practically nothing for the publisher to provide, but would be relatively inconvenient for someone like me to put together. Some good examples might be The Third Choice and The Phantom Artist.

2) Do the videos include specific references to where the effects can be found in Mentalism literature? When watching instructional DVDís, I often find myself wishing that I also had written instructions. I see that credit is given to the original authors, but I canít seem to find some of the stuff. For example, do the DVDís indicate where I can find written instructions for Extra-Sensory Perception and Fourth Dimensional Telepathy?

3) Are the DVDís out yet?

4) Has anyone seen the final product? Are they as well done as the excellent Mind Mysteries series?

Thank you in advance for the information,

Elliott
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
1) No props included.

2) Regarding the Annemann and Corinda effects most of them can be found in "The Life & Time of a Legend", and "Thirteen Steps to Mantalism".

3) They should be out shortly.

4) I have bought them, but not recived them yet. In my oppinion they will be of the same high quallity as Mind Mysteries.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you for the information Mr. Olsson.

Itís a shame about the lack of props. I understand that the original easy to master series (Ammarís card videos) came with the extra equipment. Of course I know that itís not an entirely valid comparison as a cursory glance of the effects makes it clear that significantly more equipment is required for the mental miracles. Nevertheless, it seems to me that there are a few props that are quite inexpensive for the publisher, but would be disproportionately more difficult (not impossible) for me to create.

Iíll probably wait for the videos to come out before I order. If it turns out to be as good as expected, then it should be worth the price . . . with or without the props.

Thanks again,

Elliott
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2004-10-31 18:03, ElliottB wrote:

Itís a shame about the lack of props.

Man, that's the fun part : making your own props!

Besides, I can't imagine what kind of props could be included with these videos :
Books for the booktests?
Index cards and Envelopes?
Billets and Papers?
Maybe a set of slates?

In fact, I believe that including the phone directory that is used on one of the routines will surely add to the shipping cost, don't you think?

;)
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Itís hard to give examples without exposing the methods. Iím not talking about everyday items like the ones you listed (Iím surprised you didnít mention locks, keys and dollar bills). Iím also not talking about standard props that typically sell for more than a few dollars. Iím specifically referring to uncommon (but very inexpensive for L&L) props that might pose some difficulty to an ďarts and craftsĒ challenged person like myself (at least to make well). See my original post for some examples.

In any case, thanks for the response. I found the comment about phone book shipping costs to be quite funny.

Elliott
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2004-10-31 22:32, ElliottB wrote:
props that might pose some difficulty to an ďarts and craftsĒ challenged person like myself

I'm with you when it comes to the art and craft challenged life-style.

I break into a cold sweat if an effect requires me to pencil dot a card! So anything more intricate than that is definitely out for me.
:)
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Billy,

Contact fred@gaffus-maximus.com.uk - he's produces the highest quality pencil dotted cards that I've ever come across.
"One arrow. One life."
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1237 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hmm, I ordered a couple a couple of weeks ago. But was actually of the assumtption that they were released and being shipped to me as we speak. Am I wrong here?
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
When will these be available to Uk dealers?I am a big fan of Mr Osterlind and cant wait for these.
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
Vraagaard
If you check the other thread about "Osterlind ETMMM Breakdown" I asked them when we should expect them as I have already paid.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2004-11-01 20:20, owenscott wrote:
Vraagaard
If you check the other thread about "Osterlind ETMMM Breakdown" I asked them when we should expect them as I have already paid.

And you can read "them's" reply in the same thread... Smile
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1237 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Dear Jim and OwenScott

I did a search and it seems like the thread is gone??

So what is the answer, are they shipping or are they being produced and shipped at a later date?

Update:

Found it, no need to reply. I understand that the DVD's will hit the market by end of this week. Simply can't wait to see the old classics performed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Penny for your thoughts Ľ Ľ Some questions about Osterlind's ETMMM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL