The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Drawing Room Deceptions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

Really thanks and appreciate your advice and opinions, guys! Smile

Frankly speaking, how long do you all take to master the Hollingworth's effects in this book?

How many effects that really interest you all in this book?

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Andrew, those a relative questions....no one can concretely answer those. if you are into tough misdirection and technically demanding material then buy the book. Heck, you may find it easy!?! I love the book. It is great readings. I only use two things from it though. To me, that made it worth the purchase.
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
I only really use 2. waving the aces(kings) and the torn and restore effect he has. It is very visual.
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
The 'God save the queen' comment at the back made me cringe!
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
On which episode of Mondo Magic was the Voodoo effect? Also a brief description would be appreciated so I can view the correct effect. Thanks.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Get the book, you won't be sorry!! You will be a better cardperson for it. I know I am.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
This is my favorite book of all time. I think everything in the book is easy to follow, but performing it is a different story. It takes work (and guts) to pull off some of the tricks, but there are some really practical routines in it. I think every trick in the book is good and is well worth the purchase.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I learnt the reformation from this book and did not find it that hard to understand.
the voodoo trick was on the New Orleans Mondo magic,
sucks its out there I would guess half the people that have the book don't even know of this effect Smile
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Voodoo is also in the Art of Astonishment...a very popular book so I doubt magis "don't know about this effect"
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi folks,

I saw someone performed his effects in this book, there are Waving the Aces, Oil and Water and "The Reformation", frankly speaking, these 3 effects, which one are the most of your favourites?

I heard many people said that the reformation is the most difficult to perform this effect in this book.

What do you all think guys??? Smile

Anyway, thanks and I am appreciate your reply.

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

"I saw someone performed his effects in this book, there are Waving the Aces, Oil and Water and "The Reformation", frankly speaking, these 3 effects, which one are the most of your favourites? "

Why does it matter??? What are YOUR favorites? What type of routines fit well with YOU and what do YOUR audiences like to see. These are questions you should be posing to yourself not to strangers on a magic forum. Get the book.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Thank you David...This is the 5th topic like this that I've read today...Don't ask why I read them :-P
~joeKing
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Guy mentions that the slight to do Waving the Aces is fairly simple to learn but it took me over 3 months of solid practice to get it right. It was worth it though Smile
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Guy mentions that the slight to do Waving the Aces is fairly simple to learn but it took me over 3 months of solid practice to get it right. It was worth it though Smile
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
Andrew,

It's a great book, probably my favorite, but be warned a most of it is very advanced.

There is a good Voodoo card trick in the preface which is easy, but the rest will take a LOT of practice.

Reformation and Waving the Aces are the 2 effects he performed on Worlds Greatest Magic.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi folks,

If I am not mistaken, Guy only has authored 1 thick book only which is Drawing Room Deceptions only, right?

How about his "Quartet" booklet, do you have any opinion regarding this booklet?

Thanks! Smile

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Use the brand spankin new search function.
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
Quartet is really just a booklet, 36 pages I think. It has 10 tricks all using a gaffed card (included).

Some neat effects, a different version of Waving the Aces is possible with this, plus kicker endings for Twisting the Aces and Dr Daleys Last trick.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Quartet is one of magic's hidden gems Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Can someone PM me or tell me where to go in the secret sessions to find out more details if this quartet? I havr drawroom deceptions and its great , ive had it for 4 years and just now starting to read it again..very hard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Drawing Room Deceptions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL