We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell remote control board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1584 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2005-01-10 14:01, Mister Mystery wrote:
Since reading Ken's post and thinking more about it, I can see where there are many applications for the remote board. Now, if only I had an extra thousand bucks just lying around.

:(

Regan

Sure you do. Just do more shows, and don't forget to use that Scepter Wand"
If you do get one of those boards, let me know how it is.
Richard.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
Yeah, right.

I am working with the wand Richard. I made a nice red velvet bag for it and I love it. Thanks for all your help.

If I get the remote board I will make sure to give you a full review, but I wouldn't hol my breath if I were you. Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
173 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
I think the best feature of the remote magic drawing board is that the remote control is disguised as a functioning "chalk board eraser" You can hold it your hands right in front of everyone and they don't suspect a thing. I don't have one but it looks great. I use the regular one in every show I do for kids and it kills! I love it. Steve's stuff is always wonderful.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2117 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks Jimmy....yeah that eraser was one of those "EUREKA!" moments....

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I have both versions of the drawing board and I would definitely recommend upgrading to the remote version. I love to begin with my arm around the back of the board as if it is a manual control and then move away a little later in the routine. It has proved to be such a talking point in the show and a lot of people have commented upon it and requested that I do it when they book me, which is a sure sign that it is earning its keep. The great thing about it is that I can now have a 3 way dialogue between myself, my bird puppet with bird arm illusion and the drawing board on the other side of the stage!!!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Ax,
The regular board is so good, I've been holding out. But I've decided I will be buying the remote board as soon as I have the funds available. It's too good to pass up.

Oliver
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I'm very interested in Ken Scott's idea about using the board as an on-stage assistant for my educational show. I'm wondering if Ken has taken this idea to the next step and would appreciate hearing more from him. I just sent Axtell their money for a remote controlled board and am looking forward to working with it.

Some folks have commented about the cost and these are quite valid. Interesting to note Oliver's change of heart on this topic. A suggestion to him is to put his name into Axtell to get on the waiting list...it took them about 5 months to get to me. Once they do they give you about a week to commit so nothing lost if you ask to be added and then either change your mind or it's not good timing financially.

Would appreciate hearing from other folks about this product and it's use.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
A good prop pays for itself many times over. I have never regretted shelling out the cash for one of these and even now I feel like I am not using it to its full potential. I won't post a link to my video on here because I think you have already seen it. You will be over the moon with your new board!!!
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!

Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
I won't hesitate getting a Remote Drawing Board from Steve...I have his drwing boards both magic and Special FX and they kill all the time...imagine if it's remote...wow!!!

Will save up for it...and even if it is expensive, the board will actually pay for itself when we start getting more gigs Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
Quote:
On 2004-11-21 22:15, Regan wrote:
I was hoping to modify mine so I could control the eyes with only my thumb.

Regan

I use the thumb only on the eyes. At the same time I keep my hand firmly positioned on the mouth control. It does mean that the motion is somewhat restricted to side (stop) to side (stop) side (stop) etc, but it fits the character I do. He looks at me and then back at the audience several times for effect. I get a lot of mileage out of the eyes and I think they exsist for a little more than just an opening effect or to contribute to the realism of the character. They are really funny. I imagne one would get a much easier eye action if the lever was an up and down and you could keep your finger planted on it, but one may also forget how funny those eyes can be (on their own) if it was that simple.

Just a thought anyway.

Dean
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
For those of you who have the remote board, how would you assess it with regards to overall quality, responsiveness, functionality and durability? Do the mechanics seem sound for performance or is this something more to worry about? I see the price has gone up a bit as well which I recall Steve cautioning due to increased production costs.

Thanks,
Dan.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I had one of the first ones and I have never had any problems with it. 5 years and nearly 2000 performances later it is still going strong!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Kimmo,

Thanks for the feedback. I enjoyed your performance video.

Dan.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

How is this remote board to work with? I am assuming that it is likely thicker than the non-remote board, but is the added size and weight obvious? As you can I guess, I am getting ready to order one.

Thanks!
Dan.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Im getting one hopefully real soon Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Mine is on its way Smile

Thanks to Ms Val Hilliker Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Got mine already and its certainly a great prop Smile Very magical...the kids were shouting like crazy Smile

and its something to show to my fellow magicians with the manual board Smile Smile Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Axtell remote control board (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL