The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Panty Swap Patter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi I was just looking at some stills from Tornado of fire. Having never watched the special, I'm really curious to know what patter DC used. I know it must have been funny. For the sake of me could anybody type out the patter.
I know it's a wierd request..but I'd like to have a laugh.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
To the best of my memory:

After briefly explaining the scenario that is about to unfold David walks out into the audience with Sisco's "The Thong Song" playing in the background. He proceeds to pick two girls from the girls and ellicit many laughs from the audience as he dance to the song in the process. He brings the two girls up on stage and puts each on their own individual platform approximately 10 feet apart. At that point two female assistants come out on stage as well as a camera man. David picks up a few large solid-colored disks and fans them out asking the first girl what color her panties are, she points to the white. David takes that disk and places it on the front edge of her platform so that everyone can see it. He then fans the disks back out for the second girl asking her to choose her color as well, she shakes her head, implying "None of those." David then continues to fan out the disks revealing more than anyone saw...showing polkadots hearts and other designs, when he reaches a smiley face disk he asks her, "Do you have happy panties?" She laughs. he finally comes upon her color and proceeds to place it on the front of her platform as well. He then asks the first girl to sign her name on a small self adheasive label on of his female assistants takes the label and places it on the inside of her panty waist band (all projected onto a large screen behind David). He does the same for the second girl only she prints her name, and David jokes by calling it a "Printature." David returns to the first girl with a Zombie-esque foulard placing is over her "panty area." And with The Doors "Touch Me" playing in the background he does a zombie routine in which the panties actually move and twitch when above the foulard and caress his face...the panties lower themselves behind the foulard just as he gets to the other girl, and then the same thing happens with her panties. Once he gets back to the first girl and the panties drop behind the foulard he shows the other side of the cloth and has his camera man look at the labels on the girls panties and they have in fact switched...and through the camera you can also see that the panties' colors are that of the other girl. He tells them to "Jump down, go backstage, and switch 'em back."

That is it...to the best of my memory anyway.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Wow that's remarkable! thanks for typing all that up!
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Didn't David Williamson do a similar thing using kids?
I think I saw it at an International Magic convention in London about ten years ago.
Very funny, very mad.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Having been a huge admirer of his work all these years, I have to say that it was a little disturbing to see DC stoop that low... Smile

But hey, it's his show and this is just my opinion...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It was David Williamson who came up with the idea for this routine and he sold it to Copperfield who added a lot of his own ...
ageddes
View Profile
New user
Dundee, Scotland
17 Posts

Profile of ageddes
I do hope that David Williamson hasn't had dealings with any kids panties!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Panty Swap Patter? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL