The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Please reccomend resource for D-base theory (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi there,

I'm really intrigued by D-bases and have an interest in building them.

I have learnt a few principles such as the slope principle (which I have loads of Qs abt), black and sliver stripings, and stepping.

I know there's probably tons more to learn. So what is the most comprehensive book or tape I could purchase to make a 30cm deep base look like 10 cms.

By the way the base that I love the most is DC's snow base - not sure at all how it works - but I think its amazing!

MAny thanks

MAC
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Rand Woodbury's Base Book is probably one of, if not the most comprehensive book about bases...makes sense, doesn't it?

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Look at Copperfield's upright Asrah also... Similar design of the base...

But DC's base designs are usually "long/lengthy" which is great for thinness but might be a little bit of a challenge for storage and transport... Unless of course you've got the budget and infrastucture already...

Imho... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
May be both of the dcs base is the same one.......after all he didn't need to spend unnecessarily just cause he got a thick wallet!!!!!!1
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
Isn't the Base Book out of print? I've been trying to get one but to no avail...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Paul Osboune has a nice easy bas design in his first book which still works for me, but for "invisibility" I will agree with the Rand Woodburry design
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
I remember seeing a book about bases for sale too, can anyone post a link?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Please reccomend resource for D-base theory (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL