The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Divine Credit Card Number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Hi just wondered if anyone has any ideas on approaching a spectator and telling them their credit card number !! close-up table hopping direct and to the point.. I do a cabaret version using confabulation that actually has a PRINTED credit card slip in the envelope with their number on it!!. For security reasons I miss off the last few numbers.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I believe Derren Brown touches upon something very similiar that is worth looking at in his book Absolute Magic.
One day I will write a book
darkseance
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of darkseance
Depends on how much balls you have...

Me, I'd do exactly what DB talks about in the above mentioned book, in fact I have done, several times.
p.at
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of p.at
Darkseance: do you just do it with friends or do you do it with everybody? Did you every get caught? What would you do if they catch you? Especially if you work with people you don't know.

good luck
darkseance
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of darkseance
I have done it with both friends and strangers, you always get such an adrenaline rush with strangers, and there is that chance that they realise before you have "cleaned" yourself but the rewards far outweigh the risk for me personally, I remember this being discussed a long time ago and many people had severe reservations about it and others found it hard to come to terms with being on the verge of illegal but there are simple ways around this.
p.at
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of p.at
I thought about doing it with friends. Maybe I should do it.
What do you do when you get caught???? What do you do when a bunch of people is chasing you shouting "we´ll kick your little ***, if you ***** our ******* again!". To be honest I´m afraid that could happen...

What would you do if a friend catches you?

And what do you mean by "simple ways around this"?
cheers
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I have never actualy done this effect using the p******keting method though I have done in it the way Derren first came up with the effect. Although I do do a lot of p******keting and have bee caught once or twice people rarely go crazy and will often see the amusing side of it. But if you have worrys then carefully choosing your spectators will get you past this.
One day I will write a book
p.at
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of p.at
Maybe its easier if you are 15. I cant say that I have this advantage...
with this effect, I think there are not a lot of people who see the amusing side of it, if you mess up. with friends, its different.
i´ll pm you to make myself clear...
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
It is not 100% what you were looking for but it might help.
Look for “Dave’s 16 digit deception” at Hank Lee.

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=2
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
In Curry's Worlds Beyond I believe there is a method for reading the digits of a credit card with your finger tips. I played with this for some time, but the handling is tricky.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Divine Credit Card Number (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL