The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Antinomy -- new publication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Anyone else looking forward to this new publication by Ian and Jon? Both write beautifully (currently rereading Shattering Illusions) and take their craft very seriously.

http://www.antinomymagic.com/default.htm

Any thoughts?
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
Swiss and Racherbaumer aren't publishing the magazine, they're just writing columns for it.
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Thanks for pointing that out...from their central positioning in all of the advertisements, had assumed this was some type of joint project....if they're given ample writing room in the publications, should be more than worthwhile in any case...
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
As the "man behind the curtain," let me reinforce Aaron's comment: Jon and Jamy are not the publisher's of Antinomy. I am. I realize now I should have clarified that point in my advertising. I am very happy that Jon and Jamy agreed to participate. Since I am an unknown in the magic world, I wanted to emphasize their participation. But, ultimately, they will not bear responsibility for anything regarding Antinomy.

I appreciate your interest in Antinomy. I am new to this forum, so if anyone has any other questions or comments, I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Thrilled to have you here Gene, and very best of luck with the new publication!

Let me pose the obvious question folks will have: If I already get Magic, Genii, MUM, Linking Ring.....why should I be subscribing to one more publication? What makes it different? (and worth the premium price)
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Good question. The answer is that Antinomy is not trying to match the broad-based appeal of the magazines you mention. It is trying to follow in the path of magazines like The Jinx, Ibidem, Apocalypse, Collected Almanac, The Looking Glass, and newer examples like Channel One and Penumbra. It's a niche publication with a limited appeal. Antinomy won't be discussing "big box" magic much. We'll primarily focus on close-up. There will be tricks and commentary in every issue. I like to think it's a magazine for those who like to actively think about magic.

As for the slightly higher price? It will never achieve the distribution of the magazines you mention, so the printing price is higher. It's also in an oversize format for ease of use, on high quality paper. That's what I'm shooting for all the way around: Quality. That's why I'm glad Jamy and Jon are contributing.

Did I mention the annual CD-ROM bonus?

I could go on, but perhaps that's enough for now.

Thanks for you interest.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I have made my subscription allready, and eagerly looking foreward for this publication.
The added CD-ROM sounds interesting, maybe you can tell us what will be on it Gene?
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yea what will be on it?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Is there a way we can just buy the CD?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I just recived issue #3 a few days ago. Each issue is getting better and better, which is not a small feat. Dean Dill's Reflection was really something. I wonder if its possible to buy a card box like that from him.
I can't wait for issue #4 with the CD.
Gene, don't forget to charge me for a re-newal after that. I don't want to miss anything from Antinomy.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I would love all 4, but would only really be prepared to buy the CD. Does it contain everything that is in the Magazine? The more I read about the magazine, the more I want it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Only God and Gene knows what the CD will contain.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Antinomy is a beutifully produced magazine that is worth every bit of what Gene is asking. The Quality of the product, the information and the magic is top notch. If you have not subscibed yet do so now, you won't be sorry.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Antinomy -- new publication (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL