The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Florida Keys (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Greg Wilson has a good key on and key off routine using regular keys and a key chain. Does anyone regulary perform this? Any tips before I begin the fun part-the relentless pratice? Thanks.
David
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
I am still working on getting it to the point where I could do it for people. I meen I know I could now but I still want to give that extra 10% first. Great routine though I can't wait to show this one around!
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
I perform this all the time. It is a great routine. The only bit of advice I could give you is: make it your own before you go out and perform it.

As I practiced this thousands of times, I came up with a lot of subtleties that make it even stronger.

What Greg gives you is a guide, as is everything we purchase via book or video - make it your own, so when you perform it and should a magician see you do it, they have no idea that it was a Gregory Wilson creation.

One last tip, don't tell anyone else about this - shhh!
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
This little thing was one of the first tricks I learned from his ON The Spot tape and it is a pretty nice 'impromptu' thing. You can definitely milk more time from this one than Mr. Wilson does on the tape -- he basically just fires off the different segments and he even mentions that he went kind of fast and in my experience with it -- it is better to let them flow a lot slower, let the effects sink in and really act as if each one is the exciting conclusion and THEN hit them again with the next phase.

And the ninja key thing is totally anticlimactic IMO, but do what ever floats your boat Smile

Personally I have been considering (and you might want to check this one out as well) Jay Sankeys Leaving Home which seems it would probably play a lot bigger. Granted, the idea of carrying a key around your neck DOES kind of seem a little goofy to me Smile

IF you can come up with believable patter to cover for that one drawback -- this one might be the winner because of the instant reset, higher visibility, etc..
Just something to think about.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
willrob999
View Profile
Regular user
UK
106 Posts

Profile of willrob999
Big Chuck jay sankey wears it around is neck he mentions that if you are performing somebody is going to mention why you have a key round your neck then you simply go in to the routine. I have had a similar situation when performing I always have elastic bands around my wrist and some spectator always mention why you got elasic bands around your wrist then if that happens I perform CMH
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I prefer sankey's version on his "best of" tapes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Florida Keys (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL