We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hollywood and Highland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Caught the climax section of a busker on Hollywood Blvd. He was equipped with Gazzo Cups and Pouch and I only saw the final loads (done very well I might add). But in the rush (was Christmas shopping) failed to get his name.

Anyone know who this might have been?

Oh, even tho' I only saw about three minutes of his act, I did add to his "hat," and said, "Anybody that uses Gazzo's stuff can't be all bad."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
What kind of a crowd did he have Pete?

Was he really working them Gazzo style, or just using the equipment? But like you said, if you got the Gazzo cups and the pouch, you are more than a casual observer of the art.

Not that I know who it was, because I wouldnt have a clue. But I am curious about what kind of work could be done on Hollywood Blvd.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chris Capehart told me he made more in an afternoon in two hours on Hollywood Blvd., in front of the Kodak Theater than he did working the Magic Castle.

This fella was well dressed, had Gazzo cups and pouch, but I only caught about three minutes of his act (the big finish with oranges and melon loads) as I was late coming to the spot and couldn't stay as my wife was in a hurry to get into a shop (Christmas shopping).... I did put a buck into his hat.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Pete,
That was my partner, George. We used to work together when we first started out. Gazzo made his pouch last year when he was out here at the castle. Gazzo is going to be out here at the castle again and lecturing at the Magic Apple sometime after Xmas.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Hey James, I like the look man!

Man, I have got to get out to Hollywood Blvd. I cant get down to New Orleans his year, so maybe I can get out there after the first of the year....

Thanks for the information.

BroDavid
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Bro, that's my new "blue" hat I bought after my grey hat was stolen off my pitch. I'll take you to a couple pitches if you make it out here. I've never worked the Hollywood pitch but plan to at some point. I'll give you exact dates of Gaz's stay and lecture. He and I plan to share a pitch while he's here. Promises to be a lot of fun.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Me too, me too... heheheheh
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I never get anything stolen.. I guess my taste is not as good as yours, cause nobody wants to steal my hat.

Hey Pete, that sounds good. It's starting to sound like we can load Hoolywood Blvd with buskers if we all show up at once. Smile

And by all means James, let me know when Gazzo will be out there. I would love to see you guys work. I wouldnt actually perform out there in the big city but love to watch.

And if you believe that I wouldnt perform, Then I have some property in Florida for sale. It has just became very valuable, as they discovered land on it. Man, I would love to kick it with the big dogs out there!!!!

BroDavid
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'll get back to you on the Gazzo performance and lecture dates. He's lecturing right now up and down the East coast. It'd be great to meet you! Gazzo, of course, is the big dog. I'm a pup. I didn't believe for a sec that you wouldn't be performing!

Jim
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sorry I missed the guy. I live about a half a block away so I'll see him. I can catch him with his act.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Hollywood and Highland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL