The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What do you say? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
What do you say when someone comes up after the show and proclaims that he knew how you did all that stuff but that he won't tell anyone? Obviously he doesn't, but others around hear it so your reply is very crucial.

Jonathan Grant
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
A swift hit to the jugular ensures they can't speak for a good few minutes, hustle them out the back door and make sure they are never seen again.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Somehow, I don't seem to have that problem. Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just stare at them and smile?

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Well, it's rare that it happens, but every once in a while there will be a person who just wants to show off in front of his girl or something like that. Like I said, it's obvious he doesn't really know.

Jonathan Grant
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
Maybe you could say something like "well I never said I was the only one able to do that" and smile.
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
If it's obvious that he really doesn't know how to do it say "Here, do it"
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Quote:
On 2004-11-08 19:58, Jonathan wrote:
What do you say when someone comes up after the show and proclaims that he knew how you did all that stuff ...

Really. (Pause)...Did you notice who they gave the check too?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-11-08 20:02, salsa_dancer wrote:
A swift hit to the jugular ensures they can't speak for a good few minutes, hustle them out the back door and make sure they are never seen again.

That's a bit too nice.
:rotf:
Greg

Posted: Nov 9, 2004 1:48am
--------------------------------------
Sometimes, depending on the situation, I say, "Wow... that' funny... I don't even know how I did it! Meet me later and explain it to me."
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I appear amazed and then offer for them to give me a demonstration....they are usually left stuttering. :0)
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
raether
View Profile
New user
Shorewood, IL
84 Posts

Profile of raether
Just ignore the comment and switch the conversation to something else.
Helmut Raether
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I think this is a hard one. I mean I realy do not agree with the performer being smarter than the spectator lines, as we realy shouldn't try to portray this image. I believe that this is something we already fight against due to the stereotyping of magicians through the ages.
I also don't agree with the smart answers with built in gags which make the spectators look stupid. This is in a sense the same as the I am smarter than you lines. But it is also plain rude. Unless this directly fits in with your style and you CAN get away with it don't. Why do we think we all have the right to do this?
The best bet would to just be polite and if any jokes are made they should be aimed at oneself not at the spectators.
Just my thoughts feel free to rip them to shreds...its been one of thoes days. lol.
One day I will write a book
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I'd say somthing like, "Oh, you're a psychic too, I'm very pleased to meet you. Here would you read my palm? I just can't make out the marks so clearly these days."
After all, I'm a psychic not a magician. Smile

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hey Jon,

If you want to use some hypnotic language here, shoot me an e-mail and I'll let you know.

Best,
James.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I run and cry. Then I admit that they must know. Perhaps, balloon animal artistry will have less of a bite? <<PACHOMP>>
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Quote:
On 2004-11-08 19:58, Jonathan wrote:
What do you say when someone comes up after the show and proclaims that he knew how you did all that stuff but that he won't tell anyone?

Some suggestions....

"Then it will remain mysteries for everyone. Thank you, brother spirit."

"So. You enjoyed the evening then?

"Halleleujah. The Lord moves in mysterious ways."

"My Grandmother would have found you to be a fellow seeker."

"You know, I thought I understood the workings too, but some of it... well the words escape me."

The secrets reveal themselves in our hearts and minds."

"Then there is much that you can teach me. My progress along this path remains daunting."

"Knowledge leads us to enlightenment. Blessed be."

"Yes. For me, it was a revelation. It came to me during a fog storm in the Alps when my iguana overheated. I was standing there trying to wave down passing cruise missiles when a chain smoking kangaroo somersaulted by looking for a lightening bolt that he had misplaced. I swallowed a couple of tarantulas and suddenly it came to me. A brilliant light flashed between my two front teeth and I had this revelation... God is velcro."
(Whatever he comments... continue with...)
"Revelations are always confusing. That is why they are so easily misunderstood. Seeing as you are already confused, I suggest that we change topics."
(Then ask about something unrelated.... the weather, etc.)

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
You hit the nail on the head, Jordan. That's the issue, making the person feel good about themselves while keeping the others in the realization that they really don't.

Jonathan Grant
SpAgHeTtI
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of SpAgHeTtI
Tell him to repeat your Russian roulette, explain also how you did it, but do some 'little' change to have some more surprising ending.
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Look him straight in the eyes, and say:

"I have been expecting you!"

Pull out an envelope from your wallet or pocket. Tell him to open it and read it out aloud what the letter says:

It says:

"After the show, you will approach me. You will say that you know how I performed my feats of psychic power. Tell me then, how did I make this prediction?"
(or something similar)

That should get a reaction.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
7th son, that is brilliant!!!

Jonathan Grant
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What do you say? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL