The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves cooing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Actually I learned the fly back from Noah Smile My birds have been cooing for days. Warm weather will do that. I think they're asking for sweaters since the temps are supposed to go down to the teens or lower this weekend.
Where the magic begins
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Both my dove do very little cooing, they are both females. The doves I had in New York coo all the time, the two that did was males and would jump on the female after many cooing, and that's when I knew that the males coo more and loud as to say "I NEED SEX"

In New York my wife and I had a command for the doves to stop cooing. it worked all the time but they would startup again after 20 minutes.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Maro, most of them will stop when they hear some kind of noise. I'm surprised they stayed quiet as long as they did. Normally it takes em' about 30 secs to hit the coo button again.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Justin I did train them to stop and this is how,

Every time they coo I would pick him up and did two loud SHHH SHHH and put them back in the cage, this went on for a few days until they knew I would pick them up and do the two SHHH SHHH. My wife and kids would do this when they watch TV and the cooing was loud. That was with my New York doves, the Florida doves I have now are both females and do the low coo.

Next month I am going to pickup two more doves (males)
and if they do the loud coo like my NY doves, then I will do the same training and then video tape it so you can see the way it works.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
That would be awesome!

The thing is I tried that with my birds a few times. Never worked.. (I gave up after two days) You have to be very dedicated. I'd just rather deal with the noise.

But I for one would like to see the video.

Thanks for the tips!
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves cooing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL