The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Escalator" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
yendor
View Profile
New user
Yendor
60 Posts

Profile of yendor
Just to remind everyone all our contact information is right on the order page at http://www.yendorsmagic.com (mailing address, phone number, and email address are all right there). I can, as many of you will attest, also be easily contacted by PM here at the Magic Café. I am ready to assist anyone with a question or concern. All you have to do is let me know how I can help!
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Yendor,

I cann't find your emial address there ? Will you please let me know . Thanks
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
A diabolical method.
Excellent effects.
Great in-depth instructions.
Super fast delivery (from Ohio to The Netherlands in 6 days!)

I am VERY impressed!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Told the wife this is ALL I want for Xmas!!!!...I already have a routine worked out for this (actually a couple of 'em!!)...but both end with this and it's like the guy in the "vat of varnish at the paint factory"...yea..a horrible death but a beautiful finish!!

I'm sure you've heard that one...but if not...funny one to use!!
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Yendor,
Do you ship internationally to Taiwan ? Thanks
yendor
View Profile
New user
Yendor
60 Posts

Profile of yendor
Michele,
Yes we ship internationally to Taiwan!
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
Does it look better in person? Because on the video it looks like a card stuck in a piece of paper/card-stock that's sliding up and down as he pulls it back and forth on the sides of the box.

There is nothing natural in the handling.

He has a heck of a time getting the deck in the case, and then fiddles around rubbing the top like that as if he were positioning some extra flap or something?

Can the deck of cards be examined? Who cares! the heat isn't on the cards my friends, it's on that gaffed to the hilt card case!

The idea is very cool, but it seems like a just another way to get a bunch of amateurs to blow $100 on a new toy to show off at the next club meeting.

For $100 I'm looking for $100 worth of value. Sponge Balls are WAAYYYY more powerful magic than this and you can get a set of four for a couple bucks.

I read all the posts in the thread before stating my opinion. I still think the trick looks like a single piece of eye-candy. Yes, you can tack it on to a number of different well-worn routines. Is it a big punch item?
Maybe for you. I guess I'm on a tighter budget.
yendor
View Profile
New user
Yendor
60 Posts

Profile of yendor
Scott,

I can only tell you that judging from the reactions of the hundreds of lay people that have seen me perform one of the many effects possible with the "ESCALATOR" (and I've done them all for my audiences at one time or another) they sure don't think it's a "single piece of eye-candy"! I have heard shrieks of amasement and comments of "That's impossible!" or "No *#@>% way!". Invariably audience members will come to me after a performance and demand to know how "one solid object can pass through another". Remember that in the spectators' minds the "ESCALATOR" is an extremely visual and totally incomprehensible "modus operandi" that the magician uses to explain how the magic happens.

As far as the "ESCALATOR" being used to perform "a number of well-worn routines", I can think of nothing that is more "well-worn" than the sponge balls, yet by your own admission you find them "powerful". I guess it all comes down to how they are performed. I would also suggest that "ESCALATOR" effects such as the "Envelope Capture" and "Solid Ambition" are neither "well-worn" nor lackluster.

I must also take issue with your contention that spectators place the "heat" on the card case. This could not be further from the truth. Never in any of my performances of the effects using the "ESCALATOR" has anyone, spectator or magician, questioned the card case. They all want to examine the deck of cards! Many well known full-time "pros" who are using the "ESCALATOR" with great success can attest to this fact.

In my humble opinion, Gaetan Bloom is a magical genius and the "ESCALATOR" stands as a testament to his creatitivity and understanding of "the art of astonishment"!
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
The Excellent DVD (which comes with Escalator) also covers a number of tried-and-tested routines for a deck switch, so all bases are covered anyway.
Gary B
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hey you UK guys and gals. How long did it take to get to you from accross the pond? I ordered mine on 22nd November and it still aint arrived. Good correspondence though so far from Yendor - but I have a sneaking doubt its gone AWOL.

And I need it like NOW for my Xmas parties! :-(
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
The world's gone mad. This item is selling on eBay at this minute for over $400.

Gianni
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I made what I think are a couple of very fair observations. This is a public forum for discussing the merits of various magic tricks. Having Vendors come on and say things like "I take issue with your contention..." is a bit much. This isn't an infomercial for your products.

I never said lack-luster, I said well-worn, and if the Ambitious Card is not well-worn, I don't know what is. By the way, I don't feel that's a bad thing. Items become well-worn because they are well-loved. One of the most beautiful pieces of magic I've ever seen is Shawn Farquar's ACR.

I am not averse to expensive props. I spent more than this on Dean's Box (an effect where EVERYTHING can be handled and scrutinized by the audience). And I don't necessarily mind tricks where you end dirty, I use NFW and don't have a problem with audience control around sensitive objects. That doesn't mean I don't think there are audience members who question the validity of the aces in their minds, or wouldn't want a closer look at the aces if I offered.

It is my opinion that if you truly believe, after handling a card case the way it's demonstrated in the video, that there is no heat on the case you are fooling yourself. It's the same claim put forward regarding the pencil used in Just Passin' Thru, and I'm sorry, I just don't think it's true.

I didn't make any comment regarding Gaetan Bloom's level of genius. And I doubt that the price tag of this item isn't merited by the quality of the props, documentation, and amount of time spent on developing it. But if I was going to ask for $100 worth of magic for Christmas, there are a number of books or even DVD sets that would be a better value to me.
yendor
View Profile
New user
Yendor
60 Posts

Profile of yendor
I have just placed the "ESCALATOR" on Ebay for a "Buy It Now" price of $99.95. Hopefully this will prevent some bidders from overpaying for this effect and dissuade others from buying the "ESCALATOR" from us and then jumping on the Ebay gravy train!
Chris Gold
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Chris Gold
Talking about Ebay...Some guy just paid $406.00 on Ebay for this. I watched this auction over the past few days and could not believe it. Boy is he going to be !@^&%$^& off when he finds out!
Chris Gold
TS Entertainment INC
Hollywood, CA
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Scott don't take this wrong, you're totally negative on this effect so just move on. Buy the books and dvds you'll get your moneys worth from. But you shouldn't dispute the people that actually have it, use it, and like it. A video isn't the final word on a product. I don't know why you're taking so much issue with something you don't want and don't own.
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 18:13, yendor wrote:
I have just placed the "ESCALATOR" on Ebay for a "Buy It Now" price of $99.95. Hopefully this will prevent some bidders from overpaying for this effect and dissuade others from buying the "ESCALATOR" from us and then jumping on the Ebay gravy train!

thank you yendor. I appreciate a honest vendor.

how can I contact you for shipping cost? I could not find an email address there. thanks.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Well I didn't believe it till I saw it for myself. And the buyer has been on ebay buying and selling magic related items for awhile. The seller has a 100% positive comments feedback. (Maybe not much longer!) I love my Escalator but am wondering if the buyer needs a second one at half price (then I can buy two from Yendor).
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Scott - There's NO heat on the card case. This looks like a miracle in person. The perfect ending to the Ambitious Card.

Robert M
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I do this effect and start out by openly taking the cards out of the box, and leaving the card case in plain sight as I demonstrate one way to do an ambitious card (The old way) and then I have them pick any card the want, I put the rest of the cards back in the deck, and then put their card face up on top of the deck, and show what a Really Ambitious card looks like as it visible goes down through the deck and back up again.

Heat on the card box? No way Jose' ... Not before nor after, as I let them take out their chosen card, and I then pour out the rest of the cards, flash the card box innocently using it like a magic wand to wave at the cards poured out, then I reinsert the cards into the box, put it away, and go on to something else.

Just as this forum isn't an infomercial for anyone's products, it also is not a whipping post where vendors products are tied, and everyone who can't figure them out gets to flail away unmercifully at them with negative comments and insults.

If you own one, and wish to post your observations and opinions, then do it. If you don't own one and wish to ask basic questions, by all means do so. But please refrain from outright bashing of products when you probably havent even seen one. It just isn't right.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Agreed. I got mine and it is great. If you don't know how to perform and worry about heat on the box, DON'T BOTHER, let those that really want it get one before they run out.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Escalator" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL