The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter marveys open finger production with cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
salamangkero
View Profile
New user
phillipines
69 Posts

Profile of salamangkero
Anyone here know Peter Marveys open finger production with cards? The gimmick,etc...thanks
when love and skill work together expect a masterpiece!
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, Scotland
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
It's not manufactured. The basic principle is in print somewhere, but I can't remember where. Do a search for 'Marvey' and you're more than likely to find the book it is printed in.

The gimmick is fairly simple, and very clever!

Good luck
Kevin
MagicTony
View Profile
New user
Kenosha, WI
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTony
I believe that his cards were marketed through Facemakers Inc. in Savannah, Illinois. Maybe they don't make them anymore. If there's anyone who would know the answer, it would be Alan St. George, CEO of Facemakers. You might want to email him through their webpage which can be found easily through Google.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
I'm sure this has been discussed in depth on this board before - not too long ago I think. You should find it with a search.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I think the cards Peter Marvey has marketed are his manipulation cards, which are standard cards used for standard card manipulations.

To my knowledge, he has never released his "open-fingered" card production system.

Ron
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
The Peter Marvey cards that he markets are normal manipulation cards. I have a deck of them. Pretty good.

Not sure about the open fingered card production, if you just sit down and have a think about it you could come up with a few of your own idea's, its not too hard.

James
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Yes,seems there is no such gimmick like Peter's available in the market.

Hope Peter will reveal and sell his gimmick someday and I believe that will be hit on the market.

Hengky
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Yeah I must say his open finger production really does baffle me, I don't want to know, any attempt to replicate it would be extremely difficult I imagine, and to do it as well as he does

Tom
salamangkero
View Profile
New user
phillipines
69 Posts

Profile of salamangkero
Thanks everyone for your reply...but can anyone here can describe the gimmick? I really want it. Been searching for a long time already but having hard time finding it...please pm me...thanks in advance.
when love and skill work together expect a masterpiece!
eyeslie
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Oh
5 Posts

Profile of eyeslie
To my knowledge the cards themselves are the gimmick. They have a thin flesh border on the long sides so that they are hidden from the front, and they are a solid black in the center. the exact same color black that the background is. It is a black art principle. I have used the same principle myself and the results are fantastic under the correct lighting. I own a deck of Peter's cards and I probably wouldn't recomend them, instead get either Norm Nielsen cards or preferably Murphy's manipulation cards. You can go over the cards yourself with a marker. Try it!
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
No, the cards are good but they're not how he does the open finger production, that is something totally different.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21782 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
After viewing the special he performed this card production on. It is apparent to me that it is nothing more then a wire card catcher. Now, I know a lot of you will not believe that, but looking closely look at the video, the wire can be seen around the cards. Do to all the video editing, we don't know how he gets into the gimmick or ditches it.

If you don't know what a card catcher is, then I suggest you purchase one from any good dealer. Then remake it from wire.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Al
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Al
Why you do not want to think about your own method. As far I know P.Marvey does this only for seconds, and the question is... what for? The People know the card isn't there when it was vanished, so why do you want to open your fingers then? To show the laypeople the card is not behind your hand, or maybe behind yourself, or maybe you want to show that the card is realy realy not there.. just make it vanish... and you know what.. it's gone..! (It is like showing the "washing hands" with balls vanishes or "pivot (back and front) in card vanishes).. silly.

It's looks cool, but only for magicians and the first thing you have to ask yourself is (I think) for whom You want to perform, for magicians or for the laypeople.

Sorry for my English, Hi everyone, My name is Thomas, and calling from Poland.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21782 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Welcome to the Café Al! I love to read broken English. I cannot speak a foreign language so you are ahead of me.

The reason Marvy got on the TV special is because he had new ideas. It did not matter there are standard ways to present this type of effect better. Magicians produced the special so that is who he had to impress to get his place in magic history. As you see it has all paid off for him.

The magic world is always looking for new ways to do the same thing. It is like computers, none are designed the same, but all do the same thing. Word processing and internet.

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I have solved a way producing 1 card from opened fingers, and my mentor has taught me some gimmicked methods. Maybe one of them is the Peter Marvey's. Smile

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21782 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
RJH, scroll down the page to see the Marvey gimmick here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I have not seen the gimmicks, I have heard him talking about them... But that might be something.. Not going to order.. don't trust the site.. Good job Bill!

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21782 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can't order it anyway, as you need to know how to read Chinese. The company is okay, others have ordered from their English site without problem. It is not listed on their English site. So for the time being it is only sold in China, or to those that can read Chinese.

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Okay, google translate. Smile

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21782 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tried it, doesn't work on images with a button or border frame.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter marveys open finger production with cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL