The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's books & publications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I just received Brother Shadow's catalog. Just curious if any of you have read his material. Are there any reviews? He seems to be below the radar in the general magic community and his books are not inexpensive. Any feedback would be appreciated.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Brother Shadow's stuff is great. He is a real thinker in Bizarre magic. Check out the Dragonskull site to learn more about him.
Oddboggle
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Oddboggle
Where can I find the catalogue?

OddB
The Reverend
View Profile
New user
Scotland
66 Posts

Profile of The Reverend
Hi,
I met Brother Shadow personally last month at the Bizarre "informal" gathering (superbly organised by Karl Bartoni!)in Edinburgh, Scotland. When Brother Shadow arrived on the Friday afternoon, he was severely jet lagged due to flying over from the U.S., but, was very friendly, charming, patient and helpful to everyone in company. "Shattered" as he was that afternoon, he performed one of his truly "bizarre" pieces that afternoon. He is also a great storyteller whether it be bizarre or for a younger audience and I think that you will enjoy his material.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Best regards,
Stephen.
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I received his catalog when I requested some information about one of his books. His e-mail address is: broshad@aol.com

What is Dragonskull? I asume it's a Bizarre magic web site, but I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

Sorry, just found it
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
For everyone else, here is the site:

http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/

Sorry, I forgot to post it earlier. Smile
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
What is Dragonskull? I asume it's a Bizarre magic web site, but I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

I received his catalog when I requested some information about one of his books. His e-mail address is: broshad@aol.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I have a couple of items from him and enjoy his way of thinking. It is powerful magic indeed.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Anyone remember Brother Shadow's Shadow Network from the early 90's? Members of the Network would mail (paper mail not e-mail) each other effects and ideas. Somewhere around here I've got an inch thick stack of Network correspondence. Some interesting ideas got passed back and forth.
I also have Bro Shadow's binder of bizarre clip-art. A nifty resource, I should think about scanning it into my computer. It would be a lot of work though, the binder is probably an inch thick.
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Quote:
Anyone remember Brother Shadow's Shadow Network from the early 90's? Members of the Network would mail (paper mail not e-mail) each other effects and ideas. Somewhere around here I've got an inch thick stack of Network correspondence. Some interesting ideas got passed back and forth.
I also have Bro Shadow's binder of bizarre clip-art. A nifty resource, I should think about scanning it into my computer. It would be a lot of work though, the binder is probably an inch thick.

Mitch:

Yea, I remember the old days of the Shadow network. I've got about 3, or so, binders full of stuff from those days.

As for scanning the clip art, most of these images were
taken from the Dover Clip Art collects and are now becoming available with a CD, so you don't have to scan in the images.

Brother Shadow is a real treasure. Whenever I attend a Bizarre Gathering, I make sure I spend some time listening to his stories of the earlier days of Bizarre Magick. If you ever get a chance to meet hime, you find that he is a very warm and friendly individual.

By the war, Brother Shadow can be found this week at the Inner Circle od Bizarre Magick's 13th annual Gathering. For more info see:

http://www.ICBMMagick.com

Dave Birtwell
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Mitch writes: "Anyone remember Brother Shadow's Shadow Network from the early 90's?"

Shadow Network is alive and kicking on the Internet; there are many, many members, of which I have the honor to be one.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Hi Peter,

Could you provide more information?

Thanks in advance!
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Brother Shadow is not that "under the radar". He has a regular column in MUM that has some great material published in it. A good reason to join SAM!

Based on the quality of his writing in MUM, I would recommend the material available in his catalog. He has had some great contributors to his column, as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's books & publications (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL