We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fulves Self Working Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
I recently bought this book from abebooks.com.

Those of you who have read the book, what effects do you find most effective? Which effects do you prefer to perform? Some of them look like they came straight out of Anneman's Practical Mental Magic.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
The only things from the book that I have used is the slate numbering system on page 78, Future Vision on pages 26-28 (although I do it a little differetly), and the Want Ad Test on page 53. Except for the slate numbering, I was doing these before I ever got the book. I love the idea behind Teleportation on page 42 but have never been able to pull it off such that the spectators actually knew what happened. I've pulled off other things just as gutsy, but I just couldn't get this to click.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
There is a really good routine inthere on guessing which hand a coin or small object is in. Very effective
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Yep. That's the only thing I use from this booklet. And best of all... it's real !
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
I don't have much luck with the guessing of an object or coin in the hand! Maybe I havent tried it with enough people yet?

-F
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Socrates
The 'Guess which hand' effect can also be found in the Banachek book 'Psycho-Subs'.

It's a good book for beginners and those with a creative mind.

For best results use in conjuction with something like 'Magic & Showmanship' by Henning Nelms.

Socrates

'Simplify!' - Henry David Thoreau Smile
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
416 Posts

Profile of Paradise
I bought my copy second hand off andy nyman and it has been intereseting to see which he has highlighted, for use
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Paradise,

Please elucidate.

Thanks,

Elliott
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Neil
I see this book recommended a lot. I find imot of the effects very basic and not all that convincing for intelligent audiences. They are puzzling rather than amazing IMHO.
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Socrates,
Where in Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties" is "Guess Which Hand" described?

Thanks!
Bennett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fulves Self Working Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL