The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Huge Shower of Sparks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Does anyone know of a way to create a huge volume of sparks? Enough to say, cover a person completely?

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
A billion people standing around with metal and a metal cutter. J/k. I actually don't know.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Mount a box about 4 feet long and maybe six inches tall and deep over the stage where you want to pull off the effect. Inside the box is a motorized spinning metal wheel, with flint like sticks pointed at it so they slide as it spins.

I absolutly do NOT recommend doing this for two reasons.

One is it will make noise, a lot of noise from both the motor and the dragging flints.

Two, the very real possibility of starting a fire, say if someone nearby is weraing too much hair product, or has recently spilled an alcoholic beverage on thier clothes.

As a science teacher I have deliberatly started a fire that way under controlled experimental conditions.

I highly recommend you ditch the sparks and use smoke instead. Then, if you have an assistant or 2, use a couple of toy sparklers for added effect.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
What I am afraid of is smoke rvealing "Movement" through the air current created around someone. But thanks for you input...having a science teacher respond is a great asset. I may toy with things...in a safe, non-flammable, environment. But please post if you have any ideas, or if you know a way to creat powerful jets of smoke...that would be great too (and could eliminate some of the indication of movement).

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Professionally designed and operated pyrotechnics is the only way to go to achieve this effect. However, in today's entertainment market, it is nearly impossible for even licensed pyrotechnicians to fire.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Huge Shower of Sparks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL