We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Nice gadget for perforating paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you make anything that requires perforated paper, you will want to look in the craft stores in the scrapbooking area. They have a little gadget that looks like a rotary cutter but it cuts a perforated line.

I will be using it on my center tear newspapter tears instead of the tracing wheel. It would also work on afghan bands made of paper.

Just a neat gadget that has some uses.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Richard. Sounds like it could be helpful.

Regan
Mister Mystery
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Also, they have a little battery powered sewing machine made just for working with paper. It makes a chain stitch with thread, and a nice line of perforations if there is no thread (about $12).

Also, in leatherworking tools, there are stitching spacers and pricking irons/wheels, heavier duty than the old sewing marking wheels with the spikes!

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Quote:
They have a little gadget that looks like a rotary cutter but it cuts a perforated line.
I will be using it on my center tear newspapter tears instead of the tracing wheel.

I've used mine for this same purpose and never had any problems. They are neat little tools. Any time you need to tear paper on stage without hassle or risk or ripping, this thing makes your life a lot easier.
MYMagic
View Profile
New user
Florida
24 Posts

Profile of MYMagic
Tandy Leather online has the stitching spacers.
May your day be filled with MAGIC!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
FYI - These things work great for newspaper tear apart vanishes, so the panels tear through instead of popping loose at the tape.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Nice gadget for perforating paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL