The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Prediction Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

themagicman3
View Profile
New user
NC, United States
49 Posts

Profile of themagicman3
Hello-
While this may also be suited for the section on mentalism, I decided to post my question here becasue I want to perform this effect on stage. Although I have a while to practice and create a routine, I have a limited budget. Without spending more than $40 or $50, what is the best prediction effect that would be suitable for stage? Thanks.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
I do a version of “Dream vision”…tell a story of a dream and the story is build according to the audience chosen words. The prediction is find sealed in an envelop in my wallet. Works grate for small audience as well on a large stage. Cost nothing unless you need to by “a card to wallet”. PM if you have questions.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
If you can manage an AV screen go for Room Service.
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
David Hoyes "Tossed out Deck" will KILL!! If done and performed right it will knock out a crowd. I did it for the first time the other day for over 200 people. It only works for a large group of people. You will understand why when you know how it works. The best $12 bucks I spent in a long time. Have fun guys!!
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
I'm don,t know that effect (tosted out pack)can you explain (effect only please) I might have it in here somewere, cheers Jc Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
A pack of cards rubber band wrapped is tossed out into the crowd. No force at all! The person who has the pack flips through and thinks of one card. The pack is tossed around to 4 others and they also think of a card. One at a time the magician names all the cards and all sit sit down! Audience managment is BIG in this effect but very easy to control. I rate this effect in my top 10 of all time. Check it out!
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
It's good to know that is a good trick -- I've had it in my repetoire for several years and never had the chance to use it!!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
In that price range you might want to check out PREDICT A TOTAL by Abbott's Magic in Colon, Michigan.

Nine number disks (1-9) arranged to form 3 random numbers by audience. The numbers are added together to get a grand total. The prediction can be mailed days/weeks/months in advance to committee chairman etc. You never fail!

You receive a display board and nine numbered disks and instructions. Props are not gimmicked and therefore are fully examinable, if that's your thing.

Plays well on stage as well as party/banquet situations.
Magicman1319
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Magicman1319
Doveman,

I thought we were going to use that for our show together and here you are telling others to use it!! Shame on you.

Just Kidding.

The magicman3

Hey Nice Name.

Check out some banachek or osterland (and not just their new stuff the old stuff is just as good) they have some cool predictions where all you need is an envelope and long section of rope. That should be easy on the budget.
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
The tossed out deck originates from David Hoy, there are some strong uses for it as a stage effect.
As the doveman noted above, audience management is the key to its success.
It is a wonderful baffling effect that creates a bond with the audience, especially if your show is big on props being performed to music.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 03:30, eb02 wrote:
I do a version of “Dream vision”…tell a story of a dream and the story is build according to the audience chosen words. The prediction is find sealed in an envelop in my wallet. Works grate for small audience as well on a large stage. Cost nothing unless you need to by “a card to wallet”. PM if you have questions.

This is called "confabulation" and goes a long way back.

Ron Wilson has a good version in his book.

However, Burling Hull observed that things where only ONE person sees you are correct are flawed as the audience thinks the stage person is a stooge.

Did Room Service in an Osborne park show years ago, and found this to be true.

I changed over to a jumbo split deck with my two lovely assistants and that played MUCH better.

That is a Mark Wilson idea and it is a very good one....
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Joe Stevens still sells Confabulation. It was orginally a Ken Brooke routine.

Predicta Total is a very good effect if you mail out the prediction ahead.

Tossed Out Deck takes a quite bit of showmanship and audience control to properly present it. But a strong effect. I remember seeing David Hoy doing at the Magi Fest. But then again David was an extremely powerful figure.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
The predicta-total from Abbot is the same trick as Meir Yedid predict-Perfect. If you can get it it will cost you around $25.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Prediction Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL