The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Razor blade swallowing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Giggip
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Giggip
Hi
I have seen many razor blade swallowing tricks for sale on the internet but they all seem to use a stand which would only really make it suitable for stage performance. I was wondering if any of you guys know where I can get a version that I can perform on the street, like the one Criss Angel does and the one performed on MAGICK tv series in the UK. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Check ebay. I used to see them on all the time. They didn't cost more than $15 if I remember correctly.

You may also consider consulting Tarbell Vol. 2. Though not what you've asked about, there is a needle swallowing routine there.
Jim
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
I have to agree on the tarbell needle routine, although its not razor blades, it is pretty good.
Profan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Profan
Tomas Medina has an excellent version on his Geek Magic DVD. If you want to reproduce them on a thread, you're going to need a couple extra things, but if you just want to swallow razor blades and have them be gone, it can all be done out of pocket.
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
I have just seen that Davenports is advertising a blade swallowing routine. I believe it is about £24.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 08:09, DamienT98 wrote:
I have to agree on the tarbell needle routine, although its not razor blades, it is pretty good.
Sure..Harry Houdini did it too..but what about better visability?
If nobody can se those needles, nobody cares..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:

True only if you are presenting this as only a trick. The reality of "needles" is that it is a piece of drama and as such the audience is drawn in trying to see the needles in the glints of light which dance off the string, not to mention those who can't see as well feed off the reactions of those who can see well.

As such "needles" would be an incredible street routine which affords one great opportunities for interaction with one's audience. Perhaps a bit more so than "blades" due to the focus one gets with the harder to see needles.
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
Quote:
On 2004-11-18 11:37, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-11-12 08:09, DamienT98 wrote:
Sure..Harry Houdini did it too..but what about better visability?

The guy who started the thread (pun intended Smile ) wanted something to perform on the street. Thus people being close enough to see the needles. He wanted a close up routine and that is why I backed the suggestion of the Tarbell routine.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I saw Teller do this when I went to see Penn and Teller, and there were a few things he did which really added to the routine. First, he used WAY more needles than I have seen anyone use...ever (which was AWESOME when he reproduced them) and he had a spectator come up onstage and watch each and every needle as it went in, so the audience could see how grossed out he was.
meroman2000
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of meroman2000
If you look in magicdepot.com they use to have the pocket razor blade trick you want. the only problem is that the pocket one the blades get rusty
Keep staring I might do a trick!
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
I recently watched the Ellis in Wonderland dvd that Tim Ellis just put out. I'll be posting reviews of all three of his dvds in the video,dvd section of the Café, when I get a chance....But, for now, I'd like to say to the original poster, that I think he'll find exactly what he is looking for in Tim's routine. It can be close up/walk around or parlour, there is no stage or stand needed and is truely stunning. Tim explains this effect down to the most minute details. But, you don't just get 1 razor blade routine. The dvd has a total of 12 amazing effects and is packed with fantastic performance and business tips.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I agree with Matt. I saw Ellis do this at a lecture and it works. Each blade is used to slice a playing card to show it's real, then with no switches, no moves, he swallows each blade. The blades are then pulled out on a string and you are clean. Great method and you can make it yourslef for under 10 bucks...
Mago_Magrin
View Profile
New user
Brazil
18 Posts

Profile of Mago_Magrin
I very often do the swallowing needle routine and by having done it so many times, I have developed a way to really freak people out!!!
I show the people all 30 needles and right before swallowing them, I pearce about 6 or 7 of them on my arm, so that they are straight up, and then I tell people that I have developed a sort of self hipnotism so that I don't feel pain (the interesting part is that I really don't feel anything!!!) Then just act naturally and take them out dangling on the thread!!!
BE CAREFULL NOT TO PIERCE THE SKIN TOO DEEP BECAUSE IT CAUSES INTENSE BLEEDING!!!!
People almost throw themselves at my feet!!!
After I started performing this trick, it built up my reputation monstruously!!!
I really recomend it!!!

Mago Magrin
Don't stop!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Having seen Tim Ellis perform this a few times I agree with above posts!

This can work well on the street-Highly recommended

Cheers
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Glad you all like my method. Mike Close (in his MAGIC Magazine review) seemed to love it too!

If you'd like to learn more, get the new DVD 'ELLIS IN WONDERLAND' from your favourite dealer.

TIM

(If they don't have it in stock, email me!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Razor blade swallowing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL