We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best routine for CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I just want to mention that I have two favorite things in Dan's new Coinvanish 2. The first is the C/S/B routine. It has some terrific moments in which the coins change instantly, then change back, in and on the spectator's hands. He has also suggested an interesting presentational premise in which the transposition is not the intended effect.

The second thing has not much to do with this thread, unless you think a new, natural, reliable, easily accessible, contemporary device for holding out coins of all sizes might be useful in your C/S/B routine.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
My favorite csb is doc eason's routine. which no one has really mentioned.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Shame on me for not mentioning Doc's version, it is terrific and I am NOW using it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
wespetty
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
139 Posts

Profile of wespetty
Actually, the74rock, Dan had mentioned Doc Eason/Bob Sheets routine early on in the thread. I've used Doc's "old 3 coin trick" for many years (although it does "reveal" that extra coins are used (albeit in a comical way).

Methods not involving trips to the pocket or talking about extra coins involve quite a bit of thought in regards to routining (Klause, Bannon, et al.) so I'm curious to see what Dan's "solutions" are. BTW Dan, your "3 Way Crossing" is fabulously constructed. Great routine and well thought out. Everything is justified/motivated.

Just a note regarding Kurtz's "Trio in Three" that a couple have mentioned.
Although it is a fabulous routine, it requires using a 2 Copper, 1 Silver set rather than a C/S/B set (part of the routine can't be done (or would need altering) with any coin that has a hole in it. Just thought I'd mention that BEFORE someone makes a purchase whilst researching C/S/B routines.

Cheers, Wes
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've just started getting into Dan Watkins C/S/B routine from his Coinvanish 2 book. I'm a BIG fan of C/S/B and I caqn tell you Dan has some incredible innovative thinking on thsi effect. Any fans of C/S/B would be wise to check out Dan's offering. It's bold and clever!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best routine for CSB (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL