The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Uri Geller in the jungle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
Uri Geller in the Australian Jungle.....this guy is truly Bizarre

Apologies to the non UK residents of this forum who won't be seeing this TV show. It's called "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" and the basic "plot" is to have a number of UK "C list" celebrities dumped in the Australian jungle and left to fend for themselves, watched by millions of course.

Good old Uri has promised not to use his "powers" as that would be un-ethical. He did however try to send Michael Jackson a telepathic birthday message. He and Michael are really close friends, really, really close but somehow Uri got the date wrong. It's a long way from Australia to the US so he was obviously "posting early"
The celebs get basic rations of rice & beans daily; however, they can earn extra food by performing challenges.

Uri, a devout vegetarian for 30 years, was given the challenge of eating "Bush Tucker," food that can be found in the jungle that could keep you alive. Uri scoffed the lot, brave man, including live insects and creepy crawlies.

Each day he gets more & more Bizarre

Hope Uri gets this Smile
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
He just may... Uri loves to browse magic forums to see what the latest arguments are about him and other psychics... that's how I met him.

Another thing to bear in mind, is the Uri may actually be there for other reasons. He is very much involved in the Health Care industry and may have been planted into the group literally, as a medical observer... I'm not saying this is fact, but it's highly possible.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Dumping C-List celebrities in the jungle and leaving them!

I LIKE the idea! We should do it more often!
(Preferably in such a way that they can't get out.)

Remember the sayings about celebrities:

A celebrity is someone who is well known for being well known.

A celebrity is someone whose name is worth more than his/her services.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Please tell me you're joking....

This is twisted. I thought Randi banned Uri from every showing his face in public again. Weird, how about some David Blaine stunts next, I'd give him more props. I'm sending Uri a psychic message, "It's over, retire, take a lesson from Carson."
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Can you exlpain me what's the rule of this tv game?
msho104882
View Profile
New user
UK, Derbyshire
37 Posts

Profile of msho104882
Quote:
On 2002-09-02 09:21, qkeli wrote:
can you exlpain me what's the rule of this tv game?

The show is based on "Big Brother", "Survivor " and similar shows.
It's not really a game. In this case the celebrities are left in the jungle in a prepared camp with minimal facilities just a few beds , fire and makeshift bush toilet. They are also supplied with basic provisions. The viewing public then gets to see how they manage in this environment and how they get on with each other.
The first week of the show the celebs carry out challenges as described in my earlier posting. The viewers get to choose which celeb gets to carry out the challenge. The second week however the viewing public get to vote out a celebrity each day...shows how popular the celeb is with joe public...by the end of the week there will be one left.....The King or Queen of the jungle. The winners favourite charity then gets a donation as their prize, so it's all for a good cause.The charity gets the cash and the celeb gets the exposure Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I think its brilliant. If you haven't seen it the environment is much more hostile and stressful than Big Brother. This has lead to some really Bizzarre behaviour as you watch them literally break down before your eyes. The serious arguments over nothing and insane behaviour for me makes for compulsive viewing.

I fell about laughing when at one point the whole group were arguing and shouting for about 20 mins. Then it stopped out of sheer exhaustion. Uri in a serious and excited voice shouted, "It worked! It worked! My positive thoughts have stopped you all arguing!" He never misses a chance --great stuff and really funny.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
"Uri in a serious and excited voice shouted It worked! It worked!"

This adds to my belief that this guy is a really strange Richard Simmons wanna be. When is this guy going to give up, and let the 80's go?

Sorry forgot to add this on to the above post-

Shouldn't Mr. Geller with his wonderful "Alien Originated" powers of psychic energy, be able to make the Israelis and Palestinians stop fighting by the same means then?

Sharon and Arafat, have the same serious arguments over nothing and insane behaviour? Come Uri, here's a challenge....

By the way, why doesn't he pick up the JREF's million dollar prize for his gift of anger management?
Sauron
View Profile
New user
England
83 Posts

Profile of Sauron
Quote:
On 2002-09-01 10:51, Darmoe wrote:
Another thing to bare in mind, is the Uri may actually be there for other reasons. He is very much involved in the Health Care industry and may have been planted into the group literally, as a medical observer... I'm not saying this is fact, but it's highly possable.

This would explain how he managed to get away with running his hands all over Tara Palmer Tompkinson's nearly-naked body in a vain search for "leaches". There was only one obvious leach there as far as I could tell.

Some of the things he came out with were classically funny. It was like watching an inexperienced teenager trying to seduce his first potential girlfriend.

This led me to try out Uri's chat-up technique, but I found it less than satisfactory.

So far, I've alienated three lesbians from broken homes. Can anyone tell me why this is?

I've also asked a few "supermodels" I know about their centrefold activities. Not one of them has removed their clothes and offered to show me the exact pose they assumed when being photographed. What am I doing wrong?

I suppose I should try not to use my incredible psychic powers when wooing ladies, because I believe it to be unethical. Using my powers, that is, not wooing per se.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Speaking of "C" list celebrities, this may not be true but one of my spies reports overhearing the following dialogue between an entertainment buyer and a booking agent.

BUYER: Can you get us a magician sort of person to headline our banquet?
AGENT: I can get you Copperfield.
BUYER: David Copperfield?
AGENT: No, Harry Copperfield.
BUYER: Never heard of him. Who else?
AGENT: What about Burton?
BUYER: Lance Burton?
AGENT: Uh, no. Max Burton.
BUYER: I don't think so. Anyone else?
AGENT: Well, I could get you Geller.
BUYER: Uri Geller?
AGENT: Yes.

How soon they forget,

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Hmmm... it sounds like Uri is preparing to take Kreskin's place...

Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
The show was a TV phenomenon in the UK. The celebs were voted out one by one by the public.

Uri was the first to go. Invariably described in the press as "wacky spoonbender Uri Geller", he managed not to demonstrate any of his "powers" during his time in the jungle.

And pleeease let's get this straight. Hardship? Extreme conditions? Don't make me laugh. It was a bloody *camping holiday*, the like of which many of us mere mortals pay good money to go on.

Remote? Only inasmuch as it was on the other side of the world from Kensington. There was a *vast* crew of TV workers out there, all living right next to the campsite in nicely-appointed accommodation. Four camera crews on at any time. Producers, directors, researchers, caterers etc etc...

Furthermore (and you can take my word for this, as I have made a programme not entirely dissimilar to this) none of the celebrities was put at any risk at any time. They will not have gone hungry or cold. The "challenges" were laughably easy (put your hand in a tank of non-venomous snakes...ooooh, scareee!) and the longest anyone was there was a fortnight. The worst they'll have suffered was a bit of boredom.

And in case non-Brits are wondering who won, it was Tony Blackburn, a veteran radio presenter of 59 and all-round nice-guy.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Uri Geller in the jungle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL