The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Z Wallets And Their Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
A good friend of mine recently gave me a Z wallet. I can see several possibilities for this little guy but I was wondering what other effects can be done with this?

Anyone use this wallet or know of any good effects that were just made for this utility? Any sources?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
538 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I think Harry Lorayne wrote a book on Himber wallets (might be wrong, my memory isn't great Smile ) Also Wayne dobson has a booklet out called (I think) Z6 that you might want to look at.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
It was Harry Lorayne's "Himber Wallet Book" But beware - a "Z" wallet is NOT necessarily a Himber Wallet. Although it will acomplish many effects, there is a subtle difference and the Himber Wallet is the ultimate (IMHO)
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
I have a new wallet, came today..... for card in wallet.... its like a hip wallet. with a loading sl-t just behind the power pack... cant wait to use it....
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Very true. My Z wallet is quite different to the Himber. That's probably why I'm having a hard time finding versatile uses for it.

Nick, is Z6 the name of the booklet, or a name of a type of wallet, or both?

Thanks for the help, all!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
538 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Its the name of the booklet. it can be ordered here:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0000......785#a785
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Tommy Wonder's Ring Watch and Wallet routine can be done, but you need other props for that as well.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Furthermore to my earlier post - I think I am correct in saying that any effect that can be done with a " Z " wallet CAN be done with a himber but NOT the other way round.
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
Check into Mark Strivings who has several Z wallets and other functional wallets.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
I use my Z Wallet with Bicycle built for five,its a touch from Scottie York,which I feel makes this effect much better (IMHO).It can be found in his International Magic lecture.

All the best
DADE.
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hi Dade,

I'd be interested in your BBF5 routine - I presume a packet switch so they can be examined?
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Quote:
On 2004-11-14 14:31, DADE wrote:
I use my Z Wallet with Bicycle built for five,its a touch from Scottie York,which I feel makes this effect much better (IMHO).It can be found in his International Magic lecture.

Why would you do this? First - how will you be able to obtain 4 of the specific gaffed cards Bicycle Built for Five uses?
Second- I don't know how you are presenting this, but not once have I been asked by anyone if they could inspect the cards. I do it as a comedy routine, and hence everyone enjoys it and has a laugh about it. If they wnat to inspect it, you're obviously presenting as if you're challenging them, and making it into a competition when all they want to see is some magic.

Just my opinion but I feel it works better when presented that way.

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Niko - that's exactly why I asked the question. Comedy routine - using the Military chain of command as the 'lead joker' and his a**e lickers! Smile
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
538 Posts

Profile of Nick23
So what are the differences between a Z wallet and a Himber wallet? Is it just the pocket that can be accessed from both sides?
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Nick23,

I'm not sure if I can say without giving too much away. Both operate in a similar way that you have already identified. However, The Himber has a certain something that prevents it from being opened the 'wrong' way when it is opened flat. The "Z" Wallet doesn't.
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
Niko-
I don't know about the auidences you perform for,but mine check and want to examine everything,as they have just seen something unexplainable.As Alan Ackermann says "its a complement to you , although it may not feel that way when they grab for the cards".

I have performed for some rough crowds,who aint afraid to say what they think,politness is left at the door!.

Just my thoughts
DADE.
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
538 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Quote:
On 2004-11-16 02:28, pacotrix wrote:
Nick23,

I'm not sure if I can say without giving too much away. Both operate in a similar way that you have already identified. However, The Himber has a certain something that prevents it from being opened the 'wrong' way when it is opened flat. The "Z" Wallet doesn't.

Ok, now I'm really confused. I always assumed I owned a Himber wallet, but now I'm not sure.
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Nick23,

If your wallet's angles all 'flop' about then you aint got a Himber. When a himber is opened - the 'other' side is 'locked' in place. A "Z" wallet (hence the Z in the name) looks like a Z from the side.

with me?

In fact, some dealers incorrectly advertise Z switch wallets as Himbers. check before you buy.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Let me attempt to clarify why Scotty used a Himber style wallet in the routine.
Although Scotty primarily used the routine in a bar situation where the spectator's often grab and/or insist on looking at props, his main reason for using the wallet was to switch in the "climax card". He mentions that if you don't have a Himber wallet, you can leave that part out.
Scotty also modified the handling to eliminate having to place a double card on the bar (which was often wet).
Hope this helps.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3330 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Ah, this is turning into a “Bicycle Built For Five” thread now.

I understand what is being said, but I still can’t see the need for a wallet of any kind for BBF5. I do it in the hands (mine) and the cards go straight in the pocket awaiting an early reset.

The Himber certainly has its uses for other packet tricks though. “Ultimate 3 Card Monte” springs to mind - where it would be a fooler to switch all three gaffs. “Temptation” could be good too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Z Wallets And Their Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL