The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
TheHelpingHand
View Profile
New user
New York
80 Posts

Profile of TheHelpingHand
In my opinion, the best "Moment's Notice" trick has to be the Time Machine. I am guaranteed to have it on me at all times and it gets killer reactions.

What, for you, is your favorite thing to do on the spot?
- Dan the Man
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I love Kundalini rising. I always have my L***s ready.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
thegatling
View Profile
New user
wonderful north wales
3 Posts

Profile of thegatling
Well, the one thing any magician is likely to always have on him is his arms, my fave magic/grossout impromptu trick is the TWO WAY ELBOW and the 360 ARM. These will alwys get a scream of scared delight. YAHAHA.
the gatling performing tricks as fast as his namesake.
willrob999
View Profile
Regular user
UK
106 Posts

Profile of willrob999
I always have a TT on me so I always do the vanishing cigarette in jacket where you use all the usual lines like smoking jacket if it carries on longer it will be a Blazer but I also do it perfomance with the smoke machine
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
I always carry my hopping halves with me. As a Canadian, I don't have to worry about accidentally spending the coins, either.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
As far as impromptu with no gimmicks,I love Crazyman's Handcuffs.It always gets a great response
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I never leave home without rubber bands on my wrist, ring on my finger (string in the pocket) and coins. Not to mention dollar bills in the wallet.

I don't believe in impromptu
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I'll 2nd what brian said,it has to be crazyman's handcuffs this simple little effect alway's get's amazing reaction's from all spectators.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Years ago, at a Desert Seminar, we presented "An Impromptu Magic" close-up contest wherein the contestant had to use what would normally be found at a restaurant table complete with table cloth and place setting. The results were most interesting.
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
Sponge napkins overhead Smile
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
PK Time, Banachek everytime for me and a watch stop too.

K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
Oh well, soe phases of Finger Fantasies are so cool. Starting with the stuf you did as a child, getting nice response with the "Teleskopy Pinkie" and then simply let the fingers vanish - that's cool Smile

Also some mentalism, but that isn't magic in my eyes.
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
The four finger lift is a good off-the-cuff effect with no props. Richard Osterlind has it on Vol 3 of his Easy to Master Mental Miracles. Barrie Richardson's Centre Tear with a business card is also effective. And I agree that PK Time is excellent.
Martin
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
If you have props with you all the time, I think using them can be called impromptu magic, provided the magic is "Prompted by the occasion rather than being planned in advance".

Another definition of impromptu is "Something made or done offhand, at the moment, or without previous study", wich I think is very hard...

My favourite is the crazymans handcuffs:
Do, you have a couple of rubber bands? No? We'll ask the waiter... waiter! waiter!... well, do you have some at work? We could go there... Isn't there a shop just around the corner? Oh, wait, I have a couple around my wrist...
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I agree with Anders. Crazy Man's Handcuffs is great. I do this all the time with amazing results.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
aaguilar007
View Profile
Regular user
México
106 Posts

Profile of aaguilar007
Guys, IMHO this "tricks" can be done totally impromptu and have a grat response:

Richard Osterlind´s Watch Routine,
Twisting Arm Illusion,
The Perfected Center Tear,
Banachek's Psychokinetic Time and Psychokinetic Silverware.

Best,

Alfredo
“If you can make another person’s reality into something wonderful, you can do real magic”.

Richard Osterlind
Making Real Magic
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Crazy Man's Handcuffs, rubberband through the thumb (let THEM hold the one that's going to penetrate the thumb) and Cash Ladder make a great routine using these items.

And the effects KILL!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
Also the standard linking rubberbands is great to. For laymen simple coin vanishes are always cool. People always have loose change on them.
optimystik
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of optimystik
There's a book by Ken Weber on impromtu magic that is filled with some really great ideas and routines. Not just one or two but many! I can't think of the name of the book right at this moment ...so what good is this post?
Stephen
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I agree about Osterlinds Watch Routine. I also think recap is very good and crazy mans handcuffs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best Impromptu Trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL