We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Modus Operandi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi guys,

I plan to purchase this Jack Carpenter book, what is you guys opinion about this book?

Are the effects good and explained in very detail?

Are the effects easy to perform?

How many effects contained in this book?

Which effects are your favourites?

I am appreciate if someone can tell and give me some advice or suggestions about this book.

Thank you very much!!! Smile

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I just bought this book, and anyone else who has it, I would apprectiate if they could tell me more about it I would appreciate it, thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
You have made a very sound purchase. Mysterious, Pocket Interchange, and Seattle Switch are all worth the price of the book.

I do Pocket Interchange as much as any card effect that I know and it ALWAYS gets gasps from EVRYONE who sees it. You are going to love the book.

Some of the gambling routines are challenging, but overall the straight magic effects are simple and fairly easy to perform. Hope this helps.
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Thanks Clark, sometimes I just take a chance on a book, you never know what you will find, and this was one of those books, so I will look out for those routines
www.magicman13.co.uk

Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Calabasas, CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
Mysterious is a great combination of Dr. Daley's Last Trick, Elmsley's Between Your Palms, and Brother Hamman's Signed Card and easy to do. I love variations of tricks where the face down mystery card transforms into the spectator's selection.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
489 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
"Mysterious" is worth the price of the book alone.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
933 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Just so you know, Pocket Interchange is not in MO, but another beautiful routine called Multiplex Reset, which while similar to Pocket Interchange, is not the same routine. You have to wear a jacket for Multiplex Reset.
Mysterious is fantastic and 'Jacks Backs's is another great routine which has gone under the radar of many.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

I must say, I havent read the book all the way through yet, but it looks awesome and yes, Mysterious is well worth the price of the book
www.magicman13.co.uk

Furniture
View Profile
Elite user
London
415 Posts

Profile of Furniture
I am not a big fun of mysterious as I prefer to perform those effects separately. The book is nevertheless a gem and highly recommended. Personally, the Seattle Switch is the one I would pick as my favorite one in the book.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2010-04-06 09:43, Furniture wrote:
I am not a big fun of mysterious as I prefer to perform those effects separately. The book is nevertheless a gem and highly recommended. Personally, the Seattle Switch is the one I would pick as my favorite one in the book.

I recently saw the most beautiful justification for this sequence performed by Tdotmagic (a member of the Café). If you're curious feel free to ask him if he'll share!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Eric Lewis published a book by the same title around 70 years ago. I thought yall were talking about that one. Interesting how things don't change all that much.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Modus Operandi (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL