The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Velocity (paintball bullet catch) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
chrisweeks
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of chrisweeks
Anyone have one they are interested in selling?
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Is it still available at HocusPocus???
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
Yes it is,just search velocity...
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I think Bob's site will be up soon, but yes Denny and Hocus both should have one or two. If anyone has any questions drop me a line. I'll be happy to answer what I can. $750 is a lot of green to drop and anyone interested should make an informed purchase.

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Old thread here, but... anyone having problems buying the needed cartridges overseas in Europe or Asia?
I take it traveling with this checked in is fine but any war stories of traveling with a paintball gun?
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
This is a wonderful idea.

If I could justify that much money on my hobby... I'd buy it in an instant.

All the drama of the bullet catch but without the use of guns, which Im not terribly wild about.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Unfortunately in Australia this would be hard to get in through customs. We have very strict rules. Travelling with it these days would also raise problems. If it wasn't for that I would have bought this in a New York minute. American gun laws are much more lenient than Oz or Europe for that matter. If someone in Oz managed to get one in and wants to sell it, PM me I'd be interested for sure
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat

I watched a video of this.

I would SO love to do this... I'm already routining it in the back of my head.

but at $800 on a hobby my wife would rightly kill me.

If anyone who has one ever decides to sell it for half price or so... let me know. $400 I could just about justify.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Quote:
On 2010-10-04 00:13, takeachance wrote:
Unfortunately in Australia this would be hard to get in through customs. We have very strict rules. Travelling with it these days would also raise problems. If it wasn't for that I would have bought this in a New York minute. American gun laws are much more lenient than Oz or Europe for that matter. If someone in Oz managed to get one in and wants to sell it, PM me I'd be interested for sure

That's what I was afraid of.
Thanks.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Alright... I made myself deal....

NO new magic purchases for 6 months. If I can do that, and they are still available 6 months from now, I'll give myself permission to buy a velocity.

I SO want to do this one Smile
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
This is a very entertaining effect. I was fortunate to pick up Velocity on Ebay during at a time when there must have been limited traffic on the site. Occasionally this effect is offered on The Café at a very good price.
Northern California
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to keep an eye out for someone selling one.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
This is a super concept, I love this idea! The idea of using a paintball gun leaves the magician with so much material to work with also. Comedy, Drama, Suspense!

One of my questions is and I hope it wasn't asked? Can the gun be fired showing is ability to damage or mame prior to the effect?

- Jason
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
Cyberqat be careful with the paintball gun or the eye out may be yours.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 17:27, NexusMagicShop wrote:
This is a super concept, I love this idea! The idea of using a paintball gun leaves the magician with so much material to work with also. Comedy, Drama, Suspense!

One of my questions is and I hope it wasn't asked? Can the gun be fired showing is ability to damage or mame prior to the effect?

- Jason

I believe you can...there used to be a performance video of this on youtube a while back, and I recall seeing the gun being fired against a wooden "target" to show it actually fires...
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 17:27, NexusMagicShop wrote:

- Jason

yes, there is a youtube of a magician doing this and he first fires it at a board and shows a splat.

I'm not wild about his routine (I have my own in mind which I think will be much tighter and funnier;) ) but its not a bad demo of what you get with the effect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8NvhdNUlDg&feature=related
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
By the way... if anyone decides to sell this used or sees it being sold used (real one of course, last thing I want is to be shot in the face with a cheap knockoff) PLEASE PM me.

I'll buy it now and just pack it away til my 6 month discipline is up Smile
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 17:45, Cyberqat wrote:
By the way... if anyone decides to sell this used or sees it being sold used (real one of course, last thing I want is to be shot in the face with a cheap knockoff)

(Btw, I know enough abt the Bullet Catch to know that's not actually possible, still, you never know what stray parts or other crap might get propelled by a badly made gun.)
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Just found a demo of this Paintball Catch and I believe this is the same guy that was hypnotized by Jay Noblezada for the Zap Trailer? Coincidental or stooge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AtEDlTjVf0&feature=related

- Jason
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I cant imagine why you'ld need a stooge for this.

Probably just a coincidental resemblance. Or they are all part of the same club. Or something.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Velocity (paintball bullet catch) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL