The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » feedback request... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
Hey all,

I've been playing around with the perfect production a little and was wanting to ask you guys what you think with the things I've messed with.

The only way off hand that I can think of (since I don't have any video of them) is to explain them as best I can here and let you guys try them and see what you think.

((bear in mind, that as far as I know, no one else has made these particular changes. if someone has, please let me know so I can see what they are doing and compare to my own presentation))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1:
~~
the first is pretty much the perfect production exactly, with one minor change(( The cards are still held exactly as for the normal perfect production)). the change is in the *effect* of the production.

the arm will change position a little for the production. rather than staying in the standard position, the arm will go from the normal position to *pointing* straight up, and then back again. To do this *properly* as far as I can tell, you just swing your elbow forward. this will give the necessary pivot to bring the arm in the proper position.

Your thumb will point straight at the spectators (your hand being perfectly sideways).

now, rather than using your thumb to push the card (to be clipped by the forefinger) and then moving away, the thumb will stay where it is.

the movements of the hand are as follows:

you first bend your middle finger slightly (a hair more than normal should do), then use your thumb tip to push (somewhat firmly) just below the suit marking in the coner of the card. It should spring out between your first and middle finger (with the forefinger curled in front of the thumb). then the hand stays motionless. the only further movement should be the thumb releasing pressure to let the card fall.

so, in it's actual presentation, you start in the standard position (for both hand and arm), then you pivot your elbow forward (twisting your hand to bring it perfectly sideways) and do the hand movements described above. then after the pause, lower the arm (and twist the hand) back to the normal positions and allow the card to drop. then repeat as desired.

the difference in the *effect* is that the hand appears to be motionless. the slight movement of the thumb remains hidden behind the curled forefinger. the only second opinion I have so far tells me that it almost looks like the card is shooting up from inside the arm.

2:
~~
the second works similar to normal, but again, the *effect* is changed. The cards again, are still held as per the normal perfect production. the difference is that, the third finger holds the cards rather than the middle.

the movement of the arm is to go up and down. that's pretty much it.

the hand, has the cards (described above). to do the production, you push the card with the thumb, just like normal, and then clip it between the first and middle finger like normal. the thumb also moves down like normal. the difference is that you (having the card clipped) straighten the first and middle finger. when done properly, the lower corner of the card should rest on (or at least be close to) the pad of the thumb (ie, where the thumbprint is).

NOTE: you may have to tilt your hand forward (back towards spectators) slightly more than normal to cover the side of the stock since the middle finger will move some.

as for the production in presentation, you start out normally, and allow the third finger to take over holding the cards. the first and middle finger should come together. Then lower your arm, and push & clip the card as normal. then as you raise the hand (a little faster going up), staighten your two fingers and produce.

the only second opinion so far, says that it has one good point and one bad point. the good point is that the card appears to be being pulled from an invisible pocket in the air. the bad news is that the hand is not as open as for the normal perfect production, and thus may raise a little suspicion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

soooo.... please try them and give me HONEST feedback from your experiences. if they flash like crazy for you, please tell me so I can be sure to be extra careful in experimenting with them.

if someone has already come up with these, definately tell me.

if they are new, and you love them, awesome, your welcome to them. again, they aren't much different mechanically, but the *effect* of the production changes (similar to the way that the del rosso boffo (sp?) did to the perfect production on the McBride AoCM series.

enjoy,

Kallak Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » feedback request... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL