The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Searching on the Cafe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
The pull-down list of forums in the search window is (on a good day) user unfriendly!

Please consider arranging the list (with appropriate dividers) into the same sections as the main menu.

I think this would help.

thanks...mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Mike,

Right now, it defaults to the creation date of the forum. I haven't had a chance to look over that part of the script yet, but I think it could probably be changed to default to alphabetical order. Given the way the forums are numbered (by their creation date), it would be much too big a project to put that list in the order they appear on the index page.

Mary B.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Mike,

I just made the drop list display the forums in alphabetical order. That should make it a bit easier to find the one you want to search.

Mary
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5827 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Mike,

You may find this a big help:

In "Select a Forum", highlight the text in the box and type the first letter of the topic you wish. Type it again to scroll one at a time through the forums that start with that letter.

Tom
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
Thanks for the adjustment and the hints!

Will check it out!

mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Searching on the Cafe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL