The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pendragons Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1112 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Saw this for the first time.

This is one of the most beautiful levitations I have ever seen (second only to David Copperfield's "Flying").
Not only did the assistant levitate, but she circled around the magician's body, at waist height, passing through a hoop at the same time. No way!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
It's been around for a while and Copperfield and Brett Daniels also use it if I am right.
Very graceful I must say.
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
I have done it too. Great for TV but difficult angles for a live show, unless the whole show is yours.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Have you seen Lance Burton's "Secrets of Magic" Levitation as a comparison? (Great DVD for $5)

He does the best levitaion I've seen (Didn't see Pendragons) outside of Cooperfield. He make it believeable.
Dennis Michael
jl
View Profile
New user
uk
65 Posts

Profile of jl
I use a round the body levitation, and for the last 6 months performed with people on 3 sides on a dance floor with people 3 foot away, granted it couldn't go the full 360 degrees around so we just did 90 degrees to either side and then back to the front but still to very good effect and the angles didn't cause a problem. excellent effect!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I know how this effect works but I'm amazed at the smoothness that Copperfield pulled it off with.

Lighting is critical (seems to me anyway) and this has to be practiced alot.

I saw a pic on Brett Daniels site of him using perhaps the same levitation over a bed of fire- it looked exotic and beautiful!

Brett Daniels is starting to become a favourite of mine.
Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
I really don't care that much for Brett Daniels, but that's just my opinion......
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The history of this levitation is quite interesting. It was actually invented by Bev Bergeron and first used on one of Mark Wilson's shows. Mark decided that having Nani move around horizontally during the levitation did not add anything to the levitation, so he left that part out!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
But where do you get it?
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Any "top" illusion builder could make one for you.

Just my 2˘ worth here, but IMHO, Brett Daniels is one of magic's seriously under-rated performers working today! I don't know him personally, but the guy seems to have so much going for him: good looks, talent, personality, showmanship, and some really well worked out routines.

I invite you to check out his website, and review the many streaming video selections available for download: http://www.brettdaniels.com/BrettHome.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pendragons Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL