We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The JB Benn Drinking Game !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Here is how you play:

You watch an episode of Mondo Magic.

Every time Benn takes someone by the arm and drags them to a different location or camera angle (seemingly against their will), you drink.

Whenever Benn locates someone's chosen card and shows it to the camera BEFORE he shows it to the spectator, you drink.

Everytime Benn says, "Look...look....look" (three times in a row in fast succession), you drink (this one will get you wasted by the first 5 minutes of the show.)

Anyone else got any idea's to add to this game ???

Dave
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
How about you examine your own presentations?(if you have any)
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
And then what? You're only allowed to play if you have better presentations than Benn?

How about this:

Everytime the spectator looks away because they are bored or looks at the cameraman because they are confused from the presentation, you drink.

Everytime he does a move that requires some misdirection, but does it right in front of the camera(ala spoon bending), and everyone at home sees it, you drink!
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Daegs - Very nice. You get the idea of the game. Anyone else ?

Dave
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
I've got one ...

Everytime someone on an internet site exaggerates the flaws of a very good (and successful) magician because 1) his act doesn't play well on television, and 2) he is hindered by inappropriate camera work and direction, take a tiny sip.

Wow, I'm drunk already.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
And if you are an overly sensitive person who can't take a joke.......

By the way, if your act doesn't play well on TV....then you shouldn't be on TV. Blaine plays well on TV.....that is why he is successful. Chris Korn plays well on TV. Benn doesn't. So, let's have some fun with it.

Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
And if you are an overly sensitive person who can't take a joke.......
Actually, one of the keys to telling a good joke is to make it funny. "Drinking game" jokes are quite old ... and not terribly amusing anymore.

I mean, in the first post, the "funny" part ... the punchline ... was "drink". That's the stale part of the whole "drinking game" routine. It's been done to death -- it goes back to the old Bob Newhart Show. The "drink" punchline is no longer funny, and hasn't been in twenty years. So, if you want to get humour out of a drinking game joke, you have to make the setup funny.

But to each his own ... carry on.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Lessons in Comedy: 101

WRandall
View Profile
Regular user
NYC, USA
121 Posts

Profile of WRandall
Actually, the kind of joke Dave1216 made is a list joke, as opposed to a punchline joke. So the words "you drink" don't function as a punchline and aren't meant to be funny in themselves. They're recurring words that help establish rhythm, which is the backbone of list jokes and what really makes us laugh.

Made me laugh, anyway. All due respect to Mr. Benn.

Will
WRandall
View Profile
Regular user
NYC, USA
121 Posts

Profile of WRandall
And that concludes Lessons in Comedy: 201.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
O yeah, I forgot this was a comedy forum. Sorry.
WRandall
View Profile
Regular user
NYC, USA
121 Posts

Profile of WRandall
What, you don't do any jokes in your magic? I hope you're a mentalist.

No, really Alex, you're right, I went way off topic. Sorry, but hey, it got me to 50 posts.

Will
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The JB Benn Drinking Game !!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL