The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New feature for the cups and balls museum. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have added a new feature to the cups and balls museum. The next time you visit the site, you will find a "gateway" page. This gateway page leads to two nearly identical versions of the site.

One version is for people with dialup connections. The images on the pages it leads to are thumbnailed, so you can click on an image and see the full sized version.

The other version is for people with high speed connections. This one has full-sized images on each page.

This feature will make visiting the site much more pleasant for those with dialup connections.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good idea.
I love visiting the museum, by the way.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thank you very much, Frank.

I want this to be as easy on the visitors as possible.

BTW, I will be adding about a dozen sets of cups to the museum. I have found some very interesting variations.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Bill did you see the new Cocktail Surprise by Pete Biro and Joe Porper. It's not a Cups and Balls set but the ad at Hocus Pocus says that it thinks it's a Chop Cup.... and so much more.

Eric Falconer
Houston TX
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have one on order.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's a great idea Bill. Thanks from one of your friends living in dial-up country!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Bill -

Thanks! The dial-up version is most helpful. High speed connections are not available to some even in the metropolian areas.

I am ashamed to say this was my one visit to your website. Fantastic!! Does your collection also include loading devices?

It was good seeing you at the MAGIC Live! convention.

Bill
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bill:

Don't be a stranger. The Museum is open 24/7.

I don't have any loading devices right now; however, I'm always looking. I have some historically significant cups to add to the site during the next few days.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2004-11-17 23:44, Bill Palmer wrote:

I have some historically significant cups to add to the site during the next few days.

I can't wait to see these!

The museum, which I always thought was too good to be true, will now be even better with your new feature. Here's to hoping that your organizational skills with the actual items will continue to make the museum you bring to us possible, in spite of its ever-increasing size.

Thanks for what you do!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
I like Museums Bill!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
243 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Bill, it was also my first visit to your museum. Wow! Thanks for putting that all together. I have been trying to improve my cups and balls routine over the past year, and have been in search of the "perfect" copper cup. Until now, I was saving for the sherwood copper cups, but after seeing the JES copper squatty cups on your site, I'm not so sure now.... I was scrolling madly between the two sets of pictures at your museum to compare. Oh well, I'll worry more about it when the money is saved.
The Great Blackwell
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
58 Posts

Profile of The Great Blackwell
Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing your magnificent collection! Also, thanks for smoothing things out for those of us still stuck on the "information dirt road" (as opposed to those of YOU on the "information super highway!")

-Dave
-Dave in Minneapolis

"Never trust anyone in a wedding dress, especially a woman!"
-Sam Malone
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-11-19 20:46, Magical_Mystifier wrote:
Bill, it was also my first visit to your museum. Wow! Thanks for putting that all together. I have been trying to improve my cups and balls routine over the past year, and have been in search of the "perfect" copper cup. Until now, I was saving for the sherwood copper cups, but after seeing the JES copper squatty cups on your site, I'm not so sure now.... I was scrolling madly between the two sets of pictures at your museum to compare. Oh well, I'll worry more about it when the money is saved.

Thanks for your kind words, all of you.

Regarding the JES cups -- save your money. They are simply impossible to obtain. The last set I saw go up for auction had a crack in them. The fellow who made them simply ignored decent marketing practices. They will cost as much as the copper Sherwoods and really aren't as good.

To tell the truth, if you want a lot of cup for the buck, go with the RNT II brass or stainless steel Monti cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have a set of the JES cups. I like the look better than the sherwood cups but they are smaller than what I need. I work outside a lot and use much larger cups.

If you want them, let me know.
I bought them because they are the nicest looking cups I've seen in copper.

Mine are tarnished but basically brand new.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Thoughtfulness is what I have come to expect from Bill. It is those little things that ad up in life that count.

Bob
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Bill will never steer you wrong. He's saved me a few times, and proved his point when I didn't listen!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have just added some more photos to the site, including some historic cups -- a set that actually belonged to Danny Dew, and another set that belonged to Mike Rogers.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Nice photoes!
I like your museum. I nead to make a page in my web site something about the museum!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Tilman
Thanks a lot, Bill, for providing the new feature and additional photos. I've been a regular visitor to your museum for some time now and continue to be impressed not only by your collection, but first and foremost by the troubles you take in order to make that much information available about cups which most of us in all likelihood would not have a chance to see otherwise.
If I may make a suggestion nevertheless: I think it would be greatly appreciated by your visitors and would be a really great service to them if you were to give the measurements of your cups. In the case of cups that are no longer produced this might help to identify an item when it appears on offer somewhere. In the case of presently available cups, it would greatly facilitate comparison (not to mention the fact that information from dealers and manufacturers about these things is sometimes pretty unreliable). Another way to facilitate the latter would be to put even more comparative photos of different cups on the site (which you already do in many cases).
I can only guess at how much extra work this would involve... To conclude, let me therefore just say that your site already is to me a reference guide I am truly thankful for - as I guess many others interested in the cups and balls are.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Tilman:

You are not the first to make this suggestion; however, considering that I have 125 sets of cups, not including magic set cups and chop cups, that is not likely to occur.

The last time I undertook anything of that magnitude was when I got my new camera. I only had 80 sets then.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New feature for the cups and balls museum. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL