The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The scrying game - aurora 'ball'ealis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
441 Posts

Profile of scolman
Just wanted some opinions on a new routine I'm working on. The centerpiece of this routine is a crystal ball. Its a work in progress so any comments would be welcome.
This takes place in a candlelit dining room. I begin by telling the guests about how crystals and crystal balls have been used for thousands of years by mages and soothsayers to glipmse the future. What many poeple do not know is that these mysterious objects possess many strange properties and abilities aside from mere fortune telling.
At this point I bring out a small dove pan. In the **** chamber I have a 2" clear crystal on a bed of fresh soil. I proceed to show the pan as empty. I reach into a small black velvet sack and pull out a handfull of soil, explaining that this earth comes from Wiltshire, England or more particularly from the foot of the stones at Stonehenge. The soil has a whiteish powder in it (alka selzer) which I explain could be traces of the human bones of sacrifices made almost 4000 years ago. I explain that I will attempt to create a scrying ball,with the assistance of the lost souls of Stonehenge. At this point I sprinkle a little liquid on the earth (causing the selzer to foam) whilst murmuring some incantations (written on some old parchment (flash paper). I then drop the parchment onto the soil and ignite it with a stick of incence. There is a flash and the lid is placed over the pan. After a few moments, the lid is raised to reveal a sparkling 2" crystal ball, on the bed of soil.
At this point I explain that the crystal retains the spirit of the poor souls who died at the mercy of the druids of Stonehenge. This spirit can be seen as light
At this stage I have palmed a spectral fazer. I pick up the ball and tap it with my crystal wand (simultaneously switching on the fazer). I continue waving the wand around the ball in my hand allowing all the colours of the rainbow to be seen.
I explain further that unfortunately, much like the poor souls at Stonehenge, the life of the crystal is fragile and very brief in the grand scheme of things. And ultimately it must return to the soil from whence it came. At this point I have two options, I can either switch the crystal in my hand for a ball of flash paper and move it through the candle, allowing it to vanish in a flash (I would change my patter to say I was going to release the souls to the heavens) or I can return the ball to the dove pan and have it vanish (seemingly back into the soil).

I feel the ending is a bit week at this stage, can someone help?
Simon
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Hi Simon
I think, since you are using the dove pan, why go with the flash paper, it goes too fast, use a bit of tissue and let the flames work a couple moments, (after all, some people "see things" in the flames, perhaps the spirits themselves trying to do your bidding....)
I would go on to do some scrying in the thing, after all, it is the "purpose" that you propose for the thing, to see the future- however bleak it might be if you will return it to the source- though I do not think you would need to do that part. (being a special crystal, would it need to be clear, or could it be milky...) I think all the lights mihgt detract form the intent, though (just my 2 cents)
The appearance is good, then I would use it, and put it into a special holder for keeping, I am not sure you need to return it to the source.
If this is a certerpiece part, I guess it would depend on how it fit with the rest of the set, but those are my thoughts on the above!

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
441 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks Kay. I bought the fazer some time ago and I've been trying to find a use for it somewhere - maybe this isn't the right place for it.
I have a nice red crystal ball and stand I got from Capricorns Lair, perhaps I should use that one in this effect - I'll have to check if it fits into the dove pan.
Do you have any suggestions on the scrying itself - I'm not familar with any effects (or is it a case of adapting a cold reading routine).
Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The scrying game - aurora 'ball'ealis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL