The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Diamond from eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Does anyone know where I can find this. David Blaine did this on one of his specials. If I recall correctly he took a diamond off some girls ring and either swollowed or sniffed it up his nose. He later produced it from his eye socket. I saw it on some dvd about to be released at Hocus Pocus. The man on the video for the dvd used what looked like a kernal of corn. I really don't want to pay nearly 200 dollars for one effect. Is this in some book or cheaper dvd. Also, does it cause any damage to your eye?
Thanks,
Zack
zmagicleez
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of zmagicleez
The new marc spelmann dvds teach a version of this and it is fantastic. You can find these dvds from
http://www.alakazam.co.uk
It's a small world... but you wouldn't want to hoover it.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
So keep an eye out for it! LOL
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1933 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
If you can stuff something into your eye, more power to ya! Not something I personally aspire to do Smile

A year ago at the Bizarre Magick Master Class, Jeff McBride performed the effect, nicely framed as a meditation ritual, of shoving a small steel bar into one eye and making it come out of his other eye. Nicely done! And not something I would ever want to do, thank you!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
qurgh
View Profile
New user
Independence, KY
51 Posts

Profile of qurgh
Yikes, that sounds way to painful to be something I would want to do. Isn't there a risk of scratching your eye if your using a diamond? Or did he do it as a "trick" instead of the real thing.

I have see the piece of cooked corn thing done first hand by someone, but he was a bit of a freak. He would do the thing with the snake where you put it in the nose and it comes out of the mouth (or vice versa), but he would use those candy laces you can buy.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
The body is very interesting if one studies it well (that may not have come out wuite the way I intended it to!)
Did you know that your tear ducts DO connect to your sinuses, and thus your nose?, not just sinuses to the inner ear. If I recall one of the old side show or Fakir bits was to sniff the item, corn, etc. up the nose and make it travel to the eye via the tear duct (that was the line anyway) then across thorugh the ducts and sinuses to the other eye.
Method aside, those who understand basic anatomy will buy the bit as the explanation is "plausible" especially to those who will want to seem educated.
Take a moment and think about contact lenses, and what people you know have said about them, or how they feel, what they do on the eye.
Is it safe? it depends.
Consider that there are many people who do things for their art that others would consider unsafe. As a person who is a safety person in my day to day job, would I tell you to stick that thing in your eye? No sooner than I would tell you to drive that long steel nail wiped only with Alcohol through your cheek, even if you ARE wearing rubber gloves! ;}
Consider asking the question in the sideshow area for more infromation on the topic, it is done, and reasonably safely, but them a fireman leads a reasonably safe life, if he does everything right!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's in the book Swami/Mantra. Be careful with what's in that book as some of the information is incomplete or just wrong.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I think it may also be available in The Compleat Invocation???
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Although not quite the same effect, I love doing the Indian Bean Mystery found on Volumn 16 of Tom Mullica's Expert Impromptu Magic Made Easy video. With this, you take a several white beans and put one into your eye, one into your ear, and another up your nose. After a little snorting and ear popping, etc., all of the beans travel to your mouth. This is 100% safe guaranteed!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Diamond from eye (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL