The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When Did You Last Have A Really Good Laugh (and what at?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Well I'm one of those sort of people these days that it takes a lot to make me actually go "ho, ho ho" (well I suppose that sounds like Father Christmas!), so let's say "ha, ha, ha", - you know, when it causes your lungs to join in! I see the funny side of things but it usually culminates in just a wry smile.

Tony.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
My best laughs come whenever I watch Fawlty Towers. Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I was in an improv comedy club, and the subject was book reports. Three actors had to do a book report on a book called out by someone in the audience. The books were supposed to be standard high school reading. The audience gave out "Tom Sawyer" "Catcher in the Rye" and "Moby Dick" Seemed standard to me.

Tom Saywer and Moby Dick came in with reports that weren't funny or particulary inspiring, but the report on Catcher in the Rye had me in hystericas. The fellows opening line of the report was ...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

Oddly I was the only on in the threater laughing. Some of you reading this will say well what is so funny about that? If you don't at least smile, I can only suggest your high school reading list was perhaps limited. It took me sevearl minutes to compose myself. All the while I was being stared at.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Probably the last PG Wodehouse book I read.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
Tony I see your point. Were you like that in the past? or is it just nowadays? I feel the same as I feel tension all around me...

Still my last burst out was a couple of days ago looking at television. It was not funny at all (a famous terrorist died) but I couldn't help it... (I guess it was nervousness)...
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I had a REALLY good laugh this morning, a co-worker sent me an email of great typos in TV and papers. Unfortunately most won't work in English. But one does (at least I hope it makes some sense):

"Kursk still at the bottom, anchors Leena Kaskela & Urpo Martikainen"
Sent from my Typewriter
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Don't think it's "tension all around me" k. I think it's just the onset of age and probably getting out of synchronisation with what passes for comedy these days. (I felt neither grief nor joy at the event you mention by the way. I just hope things start to progress for everyone now).

DPE mentions "Fawlty Towers". Ah yes, this zany unpolitically correct type of humour does make me laugh too. I love the one where the Germans stay there. ("Don't mention the War!!). But yet I am not insensitive or racist, as I was disgusted at some Spanish football fans making ape noises every time a black English player was in possession of the ball the other night in Madrid. It's just that good humour has also been stifled by blanket PC!

Tony.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-11-19 11:30, Cheshire Cat wrote:

DPE mentions "Fawlty Towers". Ah yes, this zany unpolitically correct type of humour does make me laugh too. I love the one where the Germans stay there. ("Don't mention the War!!). But yet I am not insensitive or racist, as I was disgusted at some Spanish football fans making ape noises every time a black English player was in possession of the ball the other night in Madrid. It's just that good humour has also been stifled by blanket PC!

Tony.

Might I ask what you expected to see at The Magic Café? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically?! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When Did You Last Have A Really Good Laugh (and what at?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL