We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are mentalists as gullible as everyone else? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Fernando
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Fernando
Wolflock has asked me to tune in to his questions. One moment please.

I have now tuned in and know EXACTLY what Wolflock's questions are.
All I can say is dearie me, dearie me. Your past relative has been very wicked indeed. Dearie me, dearie me. I am afraid that the questions you have asked are not the sort of thing that should be discussed in a public forum. I will therefore spare you some blushes. I will simply say that I do not approve of unnatural behaviour and leave it at that.

You cannot win against a psychic. The above paragraph just proved it. In any event we have no evidence that if I were to reveal the messages you would admit to the truth. Furthermore we only have your statement that you would shower me with money. I have reason to believe that you are not a man of honour. We psychic people know these things. However if you wish to disprove me then I suggest you send me a mere $50 on account.

Wolflock old chap, for someone who claims to be "victorious" all the time against psychics it would behoove you to know something about Houdini and Conan Doyles wife. I have just been in touch with Harry in the spirit world and he informs me that he never at any time stated that Mrs Doyle was a "charlatan" He believed that she was sincere but deluded. However self delusion is not the same as being a crook. I should know. I shall let you guess which category I come under.

Anyway I would much rather talk to Banacek. He is far more amusing than you. He doesn't seem to realise that in the past he has had e-mail correspondance with me and praised me to the sky. That shows how psychic HE is.

Since Steve is trying out chicken out of my challenge I will give him a face saving out. If he were indeed to accept it then surely he would be violating his own ethical standards. If he were actually to go on stage for two hours and contact dead people it would be an ethical dilemna for him. If he does it and gets everything right then he is doing exactly what he condemns. He will be raising false hope among certain members of the audience.

His only way out of the ethical dilemna is to say afterwards that everything he was doing is fake. However that will only make mattters worse. He will have built up the beliefs and hopes of people in the audience and will have given them comfort. However he will then cause them anguish if he admits to fakery.

There.That should get him out of the dilemna. That is exactly how he should have gotten out of the Higginson challenge instead of blowing a smokescreen. More proof that we psychics are sharper than any magician will ever be. Most of you couldn't make the contents of an empty box disappear.

I will admit to having fun. However do not underestimate my knowledge of the psychic game. I dare say I know more about it than any person on this forum. I have done it for a living day in and day out for years on end. Sure if it makes you all happy I will admit to being a crook. However I can certainly confirm that amongst all the crookedness there is a genuine psychic element at work. I am quite serious here.

It is not something that can be quantified in a laboratory or can be something that you can accept a "challenge" from some showman with his own biased agenda. It doesn't work like that. Clairvoyance is not something that you can turn on and off like a tap. You can't make it happen on cue. It usually happens when you are not trying to make it happen.

In a reading situation it happens all the time. It is a perfectly natural thing and I believe I know exactly why it happens. I really don't think that overly zealous sceptical magicians who know nothing about the psychic world are ready for the explanation though.

David Berglas once told me that he considered that magician type sceptics have tunnel vision about these things. They don't have the ability to be objective and let their own blind prejudices run away with them.

Furthermore they do a lousy job of presenting their case. I have seen them time and again being beaten into the ground by psychics. They ALWAYS come out worse off in the TV debates. I have seen Rosemary Altea run rings around Randi. His fault is that he gets angry and loses control.He goes red in the face and comes off as a serious old misery and this turns the viewers off and he doesn't get to make his case properly. He never shows his considerable sense of humour on TV. This works against him.

Tell the old goat that I wish him well. I met him once and was quite entranced by him. I told him I was a psychic and he was highly delighted by this. A twinkle came into his eye and he winked and said "shhh! we cannot be seen together!"

I know Joe Nickell the renowned sceptic too. No doubt you do too. However when I knew him he didn't look like the stuffy professor he does now. As a matter of fact he worked for me scamming the public although he didn't see it in quite the same way as I did. He wasn't a goody two shoes at the time in the way he is now and as a matter of fact the FBI were looking for him at the time and would have arrested him if they could have laid hands on him.

Lest you think he was a wicked criminal he wasn't. He was merely a draft dodger in the Vietnam war and was putting himself out of the reach of the authorities. Very wise I thought. Far better to be a live coward than a dead hero. Besides he did it out of principle. Noble fellow that Joe.

I am not in the slightest bit noble and it would not surprise Joe to know that his old boss is one of those wicked psychics he debunks all the time.

Still, I have improved more lives and given more people encouragement in my work than any of the silly dodos who are jumping up and down in great indignation at something they know nothing about.

I do apologise for calling them dodos though. Very wicked of me. I shall simply say that they are misguided fellow human beings and I shall pray for them. We psychics are very spiritual people after all.

Go and sin no more, gentlemen.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4172 Posts

Profile of bobser
Where's the off switch on this ***ed thing? YAWN...
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Ha hahahaha! Fernando. You would not even know if my relative was a Male or Female. As a Psychic, you are full of &*@#! As a comedian, you rock. give up the physic stuff and become a clown. You need some serious help. Would you like me to direct you to the Escapology Forum so that they can arrange a straitjacket for you? I just contacted Houdini and he said he never even heard of you, leave alone spoke to you. Hee hee.

Now on to serious things. If you ask anyone on this site that knows me, as well as check up on the posts that I have made, you will find I am a very passive person who hates violence and even arguements. But don't ever insult my honor, ethics and morals. I am a very honourable man and sick to my word if I offer something.

I don't think you would be able to predict something if we gave you a newspaper and sent you back in time. You would not be able to contact the dead even if we placed you into the middle of the Film - Night of the living dead. And I think your aura has a few black patches on it. I really think you should return to the land of Fairies and get them to wash it for you. And stay away from those magic mushrooms, they are bad for you.

Everyone! Lets humour this poor soul and Give him a BIG HUG!

********HUG********
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Gary D
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
234 Posts

Profile of Gary D
Fernando mustbe joking.
This is ridiculous!!

'I'm just talking to Houdini now'..what have you got EVERY dead person on your psychic quick dial.

Banachek could make you look so fake and crap.
I suggest you read about his alpha project.
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
Tell you what Fernando. I'm no Banachek (bows humbly before the Master:), but I'd quite happily do your challenge for a couple of hours. In aid of research I was a regular at various Spiritualist churches for a couple of years and know a number of the speakers there. Many are well-meaning, many others are complete charlatans who 'died' regularly, even in the cosy confines of the church.

I'd be pleased to do it and I can guarantee some interesting 'hits'. No lawyers required, no payment if I 'win'. I'd just need a little notice about where and when and a train ticket and some small expenses - and the certain knowledge that none of the audience were aware that I wasn't a regular speaker, okay? Sound fair?

CarlD
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
And the original question has been answered.

Folks,

Read the various posts of Fernado. Look for word usage patterns, expressions, turns of phrase and anecdotal information. He has shared lots with us. His posts have a consistancy in their message. Reread his advice to Eddini in the other thread. He was trying to be helpful, in his own fashion.

Banachek has responded with a sporting and good natured reply. Let us appreciate this wisdom and discernment.

If we have these conversations about proof, we wind up here and unfortunately, it becomes personal. So... let's accept this conversation as being fun and wordful.

Are mentalists as gullible as everyone else?

"Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves." - Carl Sagan

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Fernando
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Fernando
To answer the original question they are certainly as daft as anyone else.
This thread just proves it.

The rather silly gentleman from South Africa amused me greatly by saying he was "sick to his word" I am rather sick of his words too but I shall continue to humour him. I do indeed know the sex of his extremely dead relative. Neither male or female I am afraid. I did say that I do not approve of unnatural behaviour. That should give you all a clue.

However I do not really want to talk to rather excitable African gentlemen or extremely rude Scotsmen.
Neither do I wish to chatter to young children from Hertfordshire or people who think that Winter is a hypnotic state rather than a season.

I do not wish to talk to the other young man who thinks that he is a medium and wishes to do it for no money. Very odd I must say. I suppose he want to show off how good he is. I am far too busy and important a person to humour him but he has given me a brilliant idea and I thank him for it. I will detail my wondrous and most brilliant idea in a moment.

However I do wish to speak to this Banacek personage whose wondrous performance I haven't seen yet. I will shortly. I do hope he doesn't keep constantly saying "OK" in the same way that another modern legend in mentalism did on a tape I briefly viewed last night.

Incidentally to someone here who said that I am not in the same league as Banacek I can only say that we are both featured in the same book about master mentalists and I got more written about me that he did about him.

I got 3 pages and he only got a measly paragraph or two. So there.

Banacek, old chap. I have a suggestion for you. If you won't take it up then young Carl D will. I would rather have you but Carl will have to do I suppose. He seems to worship you so perhaps he can deputise for you.

The National Spiritualist Association in Belgrave Square, London does auditions! In order to work the spiritualist church circuit in the UK you have to get your "credentials" In order to get those you have to pass an audition at the Association headquarters.

I suggest since you seem to have a lot of time on your hands that you apply to do an audition but do not tell the worthy people there that you are a magician. Certainly don't tell them you know Randi otherwise you may end up in the spirit world sooner than expected.
I will be highly delighted and amused to hear if you actually manage to pass.

Then you can go to the newspapers and chatter about how anyone can be a medium. If you don't fancy that route you can always work the spiritualist churches in the UK. Not as much money as the US college circuit but you will no doubt receive a spiritual reward instead.
If you go the expose route instead it will feel just like your Project Alpha days of juvenile pranks.

I thought you might want a new career. It is always a sign that mentalists are having a bit of a struggle when they start putting out material to sell.

I just got a psychic vibe of your answer.
Oh.
Please yourself. No need to be rude.
Just trying to help.

I am going to leave you all alone now. I have a very busy schedule ripping off the public. I contact enough dead people in my work without having to do the same here.

However I will respond to any sincere question that anyone has about the psychic business or cold reading. I can assure you that I know more about it than anyone else.
I do not claim to be modest. I only claim to be brilliant.
You may as well take advantage of it.

However goodbye for now. I really have no more time to spare. No offence but I have a board meeting to attend and I am now bored meeting all of you.

Good day.
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
He called me 'young'...LOL:) Worth it just for that.

Young Carl
Fernando
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Fernando
I was not referring to you. I was referring to Gary D.
Unless you slipped up and are Gary as well as Carl and inadvertantly gave the game away just now.

I must say that I do not approve of people posting under false names.

Most improper

I have now re-read my post and see that I did call you young after all.
I do apologise.
I am sure that you are young at heart though.
Gary D
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
234 Posts

Profile of Gary D
Why did you call me young?!!
How old am I you psychic **** head?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Gary, pull your claws in, man. Fernando is the trickster, he's getting to you. Relax and try to learn something.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Don't let us keep Fernando, gentlemen. He's in a hurry. Please point out the door for him.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2004-11-22 22:42, dchung wrote:
Rev. Lewis, I presume.

Who else?

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Fernando
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Fernando
I shall tell you who else.
My name is Fernando Busby.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
You said it Steve. Point the door out to him.
He seems to linger here even when he is in a hurry.
I wonder if he suffers from insanity, or enjoys every minute of it?

I appologise for my spelling error. It was Stick and not sick to my word. But of course everyone but the small minded, egotistical, spiritualist is the only one petty enough to make something of it. Well at least we know you are an educated charlatan.

"ripping off the public" - Enough said. You said it, not me.

I actually pity you Fernando. I wish you well with whatever you think and do.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Fernando
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Fernando
The feeling is not mutual.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
That is your decision Fernando. I don't change mine though. Have a good day.

Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Please don't interact with this troll, that is only what he strives for and wants.

Any interaction, negative or otherwise is a "win" for him.

The best thing to do is to just ignore this thread, and if he makes more post, just reply telling people not to talk to this troll.

Eventually he will get fed up and leave or do something major(spamming, flaming, ect) to get banned.

Just ignore him!!!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I would leave him. But I find him so amusing. I have not laugh so much in a long time.
Wolflock
South Africa
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Daegs,

Thanks for the link, but I respectfully disagree. Fernando has an opinion and he is expressing it. His opinion is contrary to the majority here, but still, I don’t see why he has to be ignored or excluded. I don’t like 90% of what he says, but till, he is entitled to have an opinion, even if we don’t like it.

I would like if Fernando were able to back up a little bit why he thinks Randi will never part with the money. He only says that “he knows” that. For me is not enough, but it’s the same argument given from the people who says Randi will award the money if someone wins. They just say, as Fernando, that “they know” he will. I don’t see difference. Ironically, seems to be a matter of “faith”.

This is a great place and what makes it great is the fact that we are thousands of people participating. Diversity and dissension won’t hurt this community.

Still, thanks for the link. The information there is great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are mentalists as gullible as everyone else? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL