The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
Has any one been watching this show in the UK?

I don’t think Uri Geller has done himself any favours by appearing on this show. He has come across at best as very very strange and some of the media have described him as a "complete slime ball”.

Is all publicity good or has Uri made a massive mistake?

What do other people think?
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
I've managed to avoid it. But from what I hear, it hasn't exactly enhanced Uri's image either as a 'nice guy' or as a cutting-edge psychic. Still, he's getting a lot more coverage in the media than he's had for donkey's years...

Huw
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I love the program. Think its brilliant. Uri has past his sell by date anyway.He is really a phenomena from the 70s. I just find the whole process fascinating watching the group go through all the different stages.

Ive seen all these celebs many times on tv and they all seem sane intelligent people. But living with those pressures brings out strange behaviour.

Compulsive veiwing if you ask me..
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
231 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
I have been watching it and it is compulsive viewing indeed, although I always hate myself after watching it.

Geller has done himself no favours. He can't be that desperate for publicity surely?

My favourite part was when he assured the others that he would not use his psychic powers to "cheat"...hmmmmm...certainly one explanation for why he did so badly!

Andrew
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
"He has come across at best as very very strange and some of the media have described him as a "complete slime ball"."

"But living with those pressures brings out strange behaviour."

I haven´t seen the show, but it´s true that pressure can bring forward your worst sides. I know of personal experience. I have shouted at my friends children even though I truly love them, I have punched holes in walls, etc etc. It´s also true that practically averyone, celebrities included, turn out to have unpleasant traits or are slimeballs if you get to know them more personally. I have met a few celebrities on a more personal basis, and I have often been disappointed.

Mikael
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
I recently heard of Uri and Michael Jackson planning on building a base on the moon financed by rich Americans. Smile
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:
On 2002-09-03 05:17, Andrewdavidson12 wrote:
Geller has done himself no favours. He can't be that desperate for publicity surely?

My favourite part was when he assured the others that he would not use his psychic powers to "cheat"...hmmmmm...certainly one explanation for why he did so badly!

Andrew

Didn't you see the episode where they were all arguing non stop for 10 mins. Then they stopped out of exhaustion and Uri jumpe up excited saying " It worked! It worked! my positive thoughts stopped you arguing!" Real funny stuff Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Speaking of oddities, whats with Michael Jackson thanking david blaine in the vma awards.
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Dr_Zodiac,

In answer to whats up with Michael and Blaine, I thought the same thing. I nearly choked on my Britney Spears diet coke.

I think the relationship is between those two consenting adults, lets just be happy Blaine isn't a child.

I think Michael is grasping at anything just to get back in favor with the public. ..Or maybe Michael just loves Blaines rising wand trick. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! I didn't just say that did I ?. Ohhhhhhhhh...sorry, terribly sorry.

E-Leoni.
Glyn Coy
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of Glyn Coy
Michael Jackson and David Blaine were in the UK a couple of months ago, when Uri Geller paraded them round the Houses of Parliament followed by a parade around Exeter City Football Club.

I think they were over for Uri's wedding where Jackson was best man.

Sounds like they all hit it off!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL